Author Topic: 2010 Movies  (Read 17923 times)

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Re: 2010 Movies
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2010, 02:46:57 PM »
We just caught a bunch of Russian spies here in the US so SALT starring Angelina Jolie is comin' out right on time! Next week

www.WhoIsSalt.Com

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010, 08:06:49 PM »
Inception looks interesting.  Kind of like Dark City, from the trailers, but who knows?

Also think The Expendables could be fun.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 08:45:30 AM »
Inception - planning to see it next week - is there a 3D option on your side of the pond...? not seen them pushing that over here at all...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 09:51:27 PM »
Haven't heard anything about it showing in 3D. I thought the same thing about Dark City when I first saw the commercials for Inception.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 07:40:55 AM »
Re Alice in Wonderland: Much as I love Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, I thought that a disappointment. It was exactly what it professed to be: A Walt Disney kiddie flic with a bit of Tim Burton quirkiness and dark charm thrown in, stalled by a lamentably lame plot and a nauseating attempt at a politically correct ending ("Girls, do something with you life and the sky will be your limit!").

Somehow, I had expected a lot more. As disappointing as his Planet of the Apes remake.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 06:22:56 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2010, 05:17:52 PM »
Re Alice in Wonderland: Much as I love Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, I thought that a disappointment. It was exactly what it professed to be: A Walt Disney kiddie flic with a bit of Tim Burton quirkiness and dark charm thrown in, stalled by a lamentably lame plot and a nauseating attempt at a politically correct ending ("Girls, do something with you life and the sky iwill be your limit!").

Somehow, I had expected a lot more. As disappointing as his Planet of the Apes remake.

Same here!  I thought it was WAY over-hyped.

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2010, 11:45:39 PM »
Saw Inception this morning and it was simply amazing. I actually didn't find it mind bending like a lot are saying but I have been known to easily understand these types of things. I thought about talking about the film itself but I think it is best seen rather than have any of it spoiled.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2010, 12:03:05 AM »
Re Alice in Wonderland: Much as I love Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, I thought that a disappointment. It was exactly what it professed to be: A Walt Disney kiddie flic with a bit of Tim Burton quirkiness and dark charm thrown in, stalled by a lamentably lame plot and a nauseating attempt at a politically correct ending ("Girls, do something with you life and the sky iwill be your limit!").

Couldn't agree more.
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2010, 01:51:13 PM »
Couldn't agree less! haha

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2010, 04:06:46 PM »
INCEPTION is a Wild Freakin' Ride! Literally

Some songs to get ya in the mood for it:

"Dreams unwind---love's a state of mind"

Anuzza great soundtrack from Hans Zimmer~

This flick is a MINDBENDER! One more song:

MegYang Mindbinder Riffage~ www.myspace.com/tigersharkrocks

Shameless self=promotion. heh

Go see it! It ROCKS!!!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2010, 03:12:56 AM »
That does look good. Bit of matrix, bit of Dark City, my curiosity is heightened!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2010, 07:32:25 AM »
Missed it this week - we have a big complex that runs a "Cheapy Tuesday" deal, so next week now...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2010, 06:33:45 PM »
btw~ INCEPTION is too dark & HEAVY DUTY for the kids.

Angelina Jolie as Evelyn Salt TONIGHT at Midnight! Yay, Hooray & fokken A
Been waitin' MONTHS for this!

www.WhoIsSalt.Com

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:38:48 PM by Rhythm N. Bliss »

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2010, 01:26:16 PM »
Cheers for the heads up, Terr, but she's 16 going on 17 now... ;)

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2010, 02:04:23 PM »
I actually had to go back 3 pages to find this thread. Watched Expendables a couple weeks ago and I must say that it is definitly an action movie. Lots of explosions and there was one sequence that was just full of pure awesome. A little disappointed in some of the visual effects as they clearly did not blend but while others were seamless.

Because of The Expendables, I didn't get to see Scott Pilgrim vs. The World until today. It is a movie that is clearly aimed at my generation with a lot of video game type references throughout it including an 8-bit sword. The Universal intro was even turned into an 8-bit version with the music getting the downgrade too. This was a movie in which I was impressed with the visuals as there were a lot of them and they all fit despite not being invisible effects. One thing about this movie is that it is a music heavy film. The main character is the bass player of a band as they move through a battle of the bands type system. One sequence includes a visual music battle between the band and one, well two, of the evil exes that Scott must defeat.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.