Author Topic: 2010 Movies  (Read 17922 times)

Darrol

• View Profile
Re: 2010 Movies
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 03:05:19 AM »
Kick Ass really did kick ass although I think it started a bit slow.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is the movie you are referring to where the guy has to fight off his girlfriend's 7 evil exes. What caught my attention is that he is using a flaming sword to fight off some of them. From what I can tell, the story is similar to that of a video game where the lead character even "levels up."

The trailer for the Expendables makes it look like something that might be worth seeing when it comes out. Especially when you look at the line up they got for the film. Stallone, Statham, Steve Austin, Rourke, Jet Li, Willis and even a role by the governator himself although I think it would be just a small cameo type roll but I may be wrong. Seeing Terry Crews on the cast list reminds me of the Old Spice commercials he did recently and the fact that I saw him at the local Woodranch restaurant at the mall asking if they validate for valet parking. Found out my friend's ex is good friends with his daughter too.

I can't wait for Iron Man 2, planning to see it in IMAX I think. It depends on if my friends find the money even to see it before 1 pm one day when it is the cheapest.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 01:26:52 PM »
Yeah~ Scott Pilgrim! That's the Ric bassplayer. Gonna be gooood

IRON MAN2 is May 7th not May 2nd as I said. I was misinformed.
Saw a billboard with the right date.
Can hardly wait! There's an IRON MAIDEN character as well as Scarlet Johansen & Gwyneth!!! YARRRRRRrrrrr

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 01:55:16 PM »
Iron Maiden is just a rumor that was centered around Olivia Munn. No idea if it is true or not but her original role was scrapped and they re-shot her as a different character.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 01:57:37 PM »
Well us METAL HEADS can hope!  8)

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 05:30:15 PM »
I saw Beneath Hill 60 on Friday night.  Great story, excellent film, and plenty of dry Australian humor.  It's the story of the Australian tunneling unit in WWI who were assigned the job of tunneling under the German positions at Messines and blowing it up with 450 tons of explosives.  Not sure if it's been released in the US, it might need subtitles for the Australian accents LOL
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 05:34:04 PM »
I b'leeve we're going to Alice In Wonderland tonight...looks interesting!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 08:41:31 PM »
So it was revealed last week that Olivia Munn plays a reporter in Iron Man 2. I feel like a small rug was just pulled out from under my foot with that one after all the speculation.

I am planning on going to see it tonight though. I actually already have my ticket secured as I was planning to see it in the morning when things are cheaper but my friend made the last minute choice to see it tonight.

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 02:56:34 AM »
I just got back from Iron Man 2 and I think it is a really good addition to what the original put on the table. The scenes with action had a lot of action and there was one twist that I was extremely glad that they left out of the trailer as I had no idea other than what the film foreshadowed. There were also times when I was cracking up along side my friends.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 04:59:06 AM »
Kick Ass really did kick ass although I think it started a bit slow

Funny I enjoyed the beginning the most. Hit Girl & cage stole the show. Cage is so horrible yet it worked here.

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 11:45:34 AM »
I just got back from Iron Man 2 and I think it is a really good addition to what the original put on the table. The scenes with action had a lot of action and there was one twist that I was extremely glad that they left out of the trailer as I had no idea other than what the film foreshadowed. There were also times when I was cracking up along side my friends.

Got my ticket yesterday aft too & was mighty glad I did cuz it was SOLD OUT by 9pm, which is when they showed the first one at the theater for just 5 bucks!!!!!
IRON MAN 2 ROCKS!!
Lots of drama & ACTION & Scarlet Johansson not only looks gorgeous as ever but KICKS MAJOR ASS!!
Gwyneth is good again too as Pepper too!!

Mickey Rourke is KILLER as the Bad Guy & Sam Rockwell is ok but the 2 of 'em together still don't add up to Jeff Bridges as Obediah in the first one!!
JB is a great actor & really deserved that oscar he just got for Crazy Heart!

The only thing I didn't like was Highway To Hell being played at the end, which has nothing to do with the story.
Maybe they'll get it right with IRON MAIDEN songs next time to go with an IRON MAIDEN character.
Still give it TWO THUMBS UP--one for Scarlet & one for Gwyneth!! heh heh
Seriously~ It's a FIVE STAR flick!!!!! Well done

Robin Hood next week...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:04:13 PM by Rhythm N. Bliss »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2010, 06:24:57 AM »
I finally got to see the Hurt Locker yesterday, has anybody seen it? I found it a remarkable movie, it plays in a war setting, but is neither a war nor an antiwar flic, it's essentially the character study of how men handle the greatest imaginable stress. Edith, who generally comment war films after ten minutes with a "I think I'll go to bed now." was captivated by it. I don't believe that the brass had any issues with this films, it showed how men have to function for an army to work properly. But it could just as well have been a documentary about a fire brigade.

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2010, 05:26:45 AM »
Saw Iron Man, while it was good but not really great, in my opinion. The Battle scenes were really cool, the best part, in my opinion. Actually had some witty dialoge in spots. Not much in the way of plot or story though.

I enjoyed Kick ass more.

I just can't say the name Pepper Potts without laughing. Rourke was great as was Robert Downey Junior. I still don't know if I like Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury.

Did you stay till the end of the credits to see the reveal of Thor?

I thought Black Widow as an enemy / soviet spy?

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 08:45:28 PM »
So many good flicks this Summer!!!!!!!!!

Saw IRON MAN 2 three times!!!

Saw Twilight 3--Eclipse & it was really good!!! much better than the other 2!!

Sorceror's Apprentice opens this week...

MACHETE is comin:

www.VivaMachete.Com

Lots more!!!! woo hooo

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 02:38:30 AM »
I am planning to go see Sorcerer's Apprentice Wednesday morning and then see Inception on Friday morning. Sorcerer's Apprentice has low ratings right now but it still looks entertaining.

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 03:20:37 AM »
Saw Iron Man, while it was good but not really great, in my opinion. The Battle scenes were really cool, the best part, in my opinion. Actually had some witty dialoge in spots. Not much in the way of plot or story though.

Too much drama for a typical holywood action movie, it was nice at times, but Iron Man 1 was way better than that. Too bad cause Iron Man is my favourite Marvel character.
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.