Author Topic: some inside B25 shots  (Read 2308 times)

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
some inside B25 shots
« on: January 16, 2010, 06:13:26 PM »

notice the wires in the 2nd pic? they look chewed on? could a mouse have done this? i tried to take some pics of the other side, but my camera is screwed up and they didn't come out. sorry.it's going to the repair man next week.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: some inside B25 shots
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 06:46:28 PM »

Rodents like that stuff!

I had the Subaru at the mech's for an oil change last year and while checking the battery terminals he noticed that one had been chewed quite a bit........Good thing they like rat bait even more  :)

Mmmmm and when I saw B-25 I thought this was gonna be about a famous twin engine bomber   ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 07:43:36 PM »

Mmmmm and when I saw B-25 I thought this was gonna be about a famous twin engine bomber   ;)

Me, too.....
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 11:19:15 PM »
I'm dyslexic so I thought it would be about x-rays of Fred Schneider.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 06:46:34 AM »
It looks more like they've been pinched removing or replacing the chassis. Mouse chewing usually is much worse. There's a picture on a tech forum I go to where a mouse cached about three cups of dog food inside the chassis of a homebrew and it never messed up the amp.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:59:29 AM by Psycho Bass Guy »

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 06:53:49 AM »
there's nowhere to pinch 'em. and its like 7 or 8 wires. i'm thinkin' mouse or yeti, either one. man i hope it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to fix this POS.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 06:58:12 AM »
When you slide the chassis out and have to pitch it to clear the transformers, it's a common occurrence for wires to get snagged on the RF shielding plate or handle screws in the top of the head case.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 07:15:24 AM »
Also thought Mitchell Bombers...

Definitely looks like rodent (21 years repairing electrical catering equipment) - the giveaway is the top right of the shot - that curved piece of wire - all neatly trimmed round the bend on one side...

That top shot, Bryan... is that corrosion on the bonding (?) point... make sure your repair-guy deals with that if it is a bonding point...

on the subject of Bombers - this one is presently up for sale...

http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=1158660

a snip, at $695,000
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 09:01:44 AM »
Also thought Mitchell Bombers...

Definitely looks like rodent (21 years repairing electrical catering equipment) - the giveaway is the top right of the shot - that curved piece of wire - all neatly trimmed round the bend on one side...

That top shot, Bryan... is that corrosion on the bonding (?) point... make sure your repair-guy deals with that if it is a bonding point...

on the subject of Bombers - this one is presently up for sale...

http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=1158660

a snip, at $695,000

I'll take two!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 09:51:13 AM »

You're right. That's what I get for trusting the shitty monitor at work. Now that I'm home, it's pretty obvious.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 11:00:54 AM »
You know amps... I know critters...  ;)
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 12:13:18 PM »
I cleared out our side-shed to "make-room" and found a shoe-box filled with peanuts, and a VAX... stupidly, I never took a pic - about 10lbs of nuts...!!!

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 06:58:43 AM »
Rodents like that stuff!

I had the Subaru at the mech's for an oil change last year and while checking the battery terminals he noticed that one had been chewed quite a bit........Good thing they like rat bait even more  :)

A lady I worked with years ago unknowingly brought back a nutria from Louisiana - it trashed the wiring in her new Caddy ;D  They put two and two together when they caught it floating on the chlorinator in their pool.  Seems like the little bastard did about $500 worth of damage.

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 12:06:02 PM »
Seems like the little bastard did about $500 worth of damage.

How many past times could I relate to this statement?  :sad:
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW