Author Topic: Hot! Damn hot!  (Read 3328 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Hot! Damn hot!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 11:12:31 AM »
Minnesotans walk around without jackets or with their jackets wide open in this kind of weather.

One of my son's friends wears shorts in any weather, even 25 below. I'm not sure whether to blame it on his being a drummer or being from Coon Rapids or both.

But it's not just Minnesotans. One of my neighbors, who moved here last year from Phoenix of all places, wears shorts with a sleeveless shirt outside regardless of the weather. He was out this morning in 35 degree weather working on his car.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 03:28:42 PM »
Bad today  :-\

High winds, 42C and lightning strikes make for a bad day

Much of South Australia has been issued with a catastrophic warning for today and fire authorities are anticipating the state's worst fire conditions in five years.

South Australians living in fire districts issued with a catastrophic warning are being urged to consider leaving their homes.

Ten of the state's 15 fire districts will be under catastrophic conditions, another three extreme, while the remaining two districts have been issued a severe warning.

Digresion our specialty!

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 03:43:42 PM »
One of my son's friends wears shorts in any weather, even 25 below. I'm not sure whether to blame it on his being a drummer or being from Coon Rapids or both. .

I'm just across the river in Champlin, it must be because he's a drummer... :rimshot:
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 05:59:39 AM »
There are advantages top the "Old World" weather... Good luck, Bret...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

luve2fli

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 10:17:47 AM »
Oddly enough, most of Eastern Canada has been getting warmer temps than Texas has for the last month! We're sitting at about -10 C (14 F) here in the Nation's capital but it's nice and sunny. I just keep telling myself there's only a couple of months of this crap weather to go .......
"I think it's only proper that I play until the last note of a set, then fall over and die. The band won't have to play an encore and they'll still get paid for the gig" (Dr. John)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 03:21:53 PM »
Cool change just came through with a barrage of rain. I got soaked on the way into work  ;D  After 3 days of +40C temps it was beautiful.
Digresion our specialty!

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 07:28:57 AM »
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 02:48:33 PM »
Ahhhh yes , probably in my top 3 favourite Quo songs.

Looks funny seeing Alan Lancaster playing a Fender Shorty.
Digresion our specialty!

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 03:59:15 AM »
One of the bands I deeply regret not seeing back then as I was a fan... always did play a Mustang in those days iirc... Lives in Oz now doesn't he...?

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010, 08:03:11 PM »
He (Alan Lancaster) played in a band here called the Party Boys with a rotating door of great musicians which ranged from a couple of my mates Like Rob Riley (Rose Tattoo) and Vince Contarino (Various incl Jesus Christ Superstar and a great band with Rob called The Mega Boys,John Lord with the Adelaide Symphony) and Swannee (which included John Swan, [Jimmy Barnes half brother and a better singer] and Mark Evans from ACDC). Joe Walsh was in that band for a while as was Angry Anderson (Rose tattoo), Shirley" Strachan from Skyhooks,  Graham Bonnett and  Eric Burdon.
Digresion our specialty!