Author Topic: Problem with Holy Grail  (Read 1150 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Problem with Holy Grail
« on: January 06, 2010, 07:05:08 PM »
Hey group, I just bought a used Holy Grail on Ebay and although the Hall effect sounds good, there's little or no Spring effect...not much going on when I choose that setting.

Is the Spring setting supposed to be very subtle, or should it be pronounced? Even with the effect knob turned up 75%, I can barely hear anything.

Wondering if I have a bad one.......and thinking I already know.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Problem with Holy Grail
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 08:27:33 AM »
More info - got an email back from the seller telling me that it worked great for him on its own power supply, but not on a daisy chain.  If chained, it squealed.  I was running it from a OneSpot with three other pedals - which should be OK - but I'll try it with a separate power supply.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 11:21:20 AM »
No luck - will ask for a refund.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 11:26:13 AM »
That really sucks. I hope you can get it worked out without any more hassle.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 11:31:53 AM »
Thanks - seems like damage in transit, which surprises me.  The effect and the signal are barely audible in Spring, and audible but at reduced gain on Hall and Flerb. 

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 04:44:19 AM »
I had a Holy Grail & I was unable to get a spring reverb sound from it as well. I remember reading on Talkbass that it does not work well with basses.

I ended up selling mine.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 02:11:46 PM »
I sent mine in with a $25 check to cover service charges - I'll give it a good test when it returns. 

I shall report when 'tis in hand.