Author Topic: ooh, ooh, ooh lookie what i got!  (Read 7380 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: ooh, ooh, ooh lookie what i got!
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 02:07:15 PM »
Cheers for finding that, George... gonna keep a search (Abe) on this one as I'm tempted by a body presently residing in France, and I still have to go for those speakers, not to mention the paint for the T'bird, and a bit of plating to be done on your old MB cover (going for gold...), so...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2010, 03:00:23 PM »
I wondered if you'd do the MB cover to match. That should look pretty sharp!

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2010, 05:49:47 PM »
I did a quick search and came up with a reference for "the Tube Amp Workbook" by Dave Funk. Looks to be pretty pricey at around $60. The exchange rate would do you well in this instance, Ken, and it looks like something you would definitely enjoy.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=KiQ&q=The+Tube+Amp+Cookbook+dave+funk&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Yep. I got the name screwed up. I just dug mine out to check.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 04:29:55 AM »
George... just wouldn't look right any other way... I have not fallen into the Chromosphere, nor the Dark-Side, but with this 'bird I remain riding on the crest of a golden wave...  ;)

PBG... no worries, a good tip deserved the necessary research so it is still appreciated... being the owner of an "obscure" amp is fun (?); one of the things I have volunteered to do for Mark Huss is to create an accurate wiring diagram for my Hiwatt, as although she visually looks like a DR103S the plate calls her a "SWITCH", so there may be some difference - only one he knows of... handy having a 50/100 in the same case, I guess...   :)
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2010, 07:08:01 AM »
I wondered if you'd do the MB cover to match. That should look pretty sharp!
what?
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2010, 08:38:01 AM »
Mud-Bucker... gold plated to match the rest of the original hardware...