Author Topic: End of Year Inventory  (Read 11107 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
End of Year Inventory
« on: December 25, 2009, 12:09:27 PM »
As of this year's end, I have a lot more basses than I can play in any reasonable time span.  Here's the inventory - feel free to share yours:

Top row, Applause AE-40 short-scale acoustic-electric; Rogue short-scale violin bass; Gretsch 2202 Electromatic Jr Jet; Turser KTB-401 '54 P clone; and a P-special clone that I refinished and defretted myself:

Bottom row, 1970's Univox 335-copy; 1963 Precision; recent Epi Casady bass; 2000 MIM Jazz:

Sitting with my new Genz-Benz gear: 1970's Aria Diamond Hi-Flyer bass:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 12:27:31 AM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Hornisse

Re: End of Year Inventory
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 07:08:43 PM »
Some nice pieces!  I've scaled back since I no longer play out.  I'm down to my BachBird, Keith Ferguson Guero Caster P bass copy, Alembic Series 1 and I have this coming as sort of a late Christmas present to myself.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 12:28:14 AM »
Beautiful wood grain in that bass!  What is it?  Can't make it out...
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 09:27:45 AM »

I'll be shooting new pics in the Spring when I can safely take my babies outside........
Meantime a list should do

BaCHBird
Epiphone + junk Fenderbird
Greco Thunderbird II
'89 Gibson Thunderbird
'08 Gibson Nikki Sixx Mk. II Thunderbird
Orville Thunderbird - Custom paint and bridge
'76 Gibson Thunderbiid - Custom paint
'77 Gibson Thunderbird - Custom paint
'77 Gibson Thunderbird - F/P Black
'09 Mike Lull T-Bass II
8 String Reverse Thunderbird - Bionic Joe's custom
Washburn AB-20 ABG

Playing the 8 String at a recent show.........

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 09:32:54 AM »
Love that 8 string and, as usual, very well done pic ;)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 09:42:46 AM »
Mark, you are the Thunderbird Czar!!

Happy Holidays to ya!

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 09:58:03 AM »
Mark, you are the Thunderbird Czar!!

Happy Holidays to ya!

Make that CZARINA!! ;D :P

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 10:06:34 AM »
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Hornisse

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 12:35:34 PM »
Great photo of the 8 string Mark!

The bass above that I'm getting is a 1979 Ibanez Musician Bass.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 01:03:34 PM »
Make that CZARINA!! ;D :P

I was waiting for that.  Didn't take any longer than I expected.   ;)

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 08:56:20 PM »
i'm getting all my basses and geets fixed up next month. (after i get my bonus) and i'm gonna take some nice springtime pics on my roof.until then a list will have to do.  

1.1972 Gibson SB-450 "Rosie" (soon to have Hipshot 2 point replacement bridge)
2.1975 Fender Precision "Dolores" (would like to go back to stock w/ ashtray,has Barts and a Badass now)
3.1975 Epiphone Crestwood "Rachel" (guitar version of "holy crap"bass!) (needs new nut)
4.1976 Gibson Ripper. "Betty" (needs the most work,pups are not routed straight.i'll have a pro fix it and new 5 ply guard and Hipshot bridge)
5.197? Aria "Rat-n-backer" (just got it from oldmanC, needs proper neck shim (it had a penny?) and new screws,and some GHS rounds)
6.1977 Gibson G3 "Gina" (i need to finish re-wiring it back to stock. no more DiMarzio P pup)
7.1978 Peavey T-40 PAF "Lucy" (could use a set up)
8.1979 Vantage Flying V "Vicky"  (needs a hardcase!)
9.197? Yamaha nylon string (was my Mom's needs a set up bad! this is the first instrument i ever played.i remember my Dad bringing it home)
10.198? Squier body with an unknown replacement neck w/ ebony board (my first bass,at least whats left of it.will get barts from my P)
11.1992 Gibson LPB-1 "Elaine" (doesn't need anything just fixed and set up real nice,plays and sounds perfect)
12.1996 Boxster custom (P.O.S. wine box electric i made with a found acoustic guitar neck a chrome Harmony p/g and Flying V tail peice)
13.2001 Gibson SG Special (needs a hard case)

headstock engraved with a nail,and notice the "Allen key" bridge. someday i'd like to build a matching bass.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 09:15:46 PM by SKATE RAT »
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 12:25:11 PM »
Awesome stuff!   Love all the Tbirds, that Series I, and those 63 and 75 Precisions (I always gas for a nice Precision bass... might have to sell some stuff someday for one).  Glad you got that Ric-clone, Skate!  Looked sweet in the FS pics.

I didn't get much in the way of basses this year.  My most recent bass and guitar stuff has been in the early 80s Japanese space.  Beautiful instruments, and prices really took a tumble over the past couple years.

(Ibanez ST-980, Roland G-808, G-505, and G-88 bass)

I sold a Strat and SG to cover the two Roland guitar synth setups (guilty pleasures), and sold off some of the extras from one of those acquisitions (couple of CL scores) and came out way ahead in the end - something that never seems to happen to me :).

I think the materialization of the BaCH Bird after all this time was the highlight of my year, as far as basses go:

Here are some older "family" shots...
(note EB-0, Elitist Tbird, 75 Ibanez jazz, and SG have left the building)

(Christopher upright - a Chinese-made ply - with Underwood transducer)

Can't forget my gig favorite - 76 bird!

My main focus this year was on my "vertical pedalboard" ;).  It does make for an amazing effect processor.  My interest in this stuff kinda morphed into a side business, so this has helped me with testing, integration, and demoing.  (yeah.. that's the ticket  ;D)

While I've been playing more bass than ever this year due to joining a working band, my new years resolution is to focus more on recording, mixing, mastering, etc...  I'll be out of school, and I picked up a few books on that subject that I need to delve into (and practice with).  I didn't get much time to spend on that this year, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 12:34:29 PM by chromium »

jmcgliss

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 12:58:46 PM »
The bass closet is stocked with functional pieces that get played in rotation:

1. Mahogany/maple P-bass with Dark Star self-build
2. 2009 Lakland 55-02 burst/maple with Chi-Sonics and s/c to h/b and active/passive switching
3. 1986 Pedulla Buzz fretless
4. 2009 Epi Silverburst with Gibson L/P pickups
5. 2005 Lakland Decade # D06  burst/rosewood, stacked knobs, deep switch, gold ano p/g
RD Artist w/ Victory headstock (sold)
2009 Epiphone Thunderbird IV silverburst (mods pending)
2005 Lakland Decade Dark Star | 2009 55-02 Chi-Sonic
2005 Dark Star P-Bass | 1986 Pedulla Buzz |
Eden heads with various 12's and 10's | Ampeg B-15N

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 05:47:50 AM »
Nice stuff Joe. How do you like the Roland Bass guitar Synth?

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 09:14:32 AM »

WoW Joe!

Gotta say the BaCHbird is simply stunning  :thumbsup: