Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 4165 times)

patman

• View Profile
Thanks
« on: December 23, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »
Uwe, Dave

Thanks for putting this site together...been a tough year in some ways, and the site sure helped.

Patman

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 02:00:51 PM »
Let me add my own thanks as well. My year has been somewhat trying as well (some I've shared here, some I've spared you all from having to hear about. :))

This has been my favorite place on the web since you two got it rolling. Heavy on the knowledge, camaraderie, and humor. Light on the drama and foolishness (well, unintentional foolishness). My kind of people, my kind of place.

Thanks not only to Dave and Uwe, but to everyone else who contributes to the great place this is.

Here's to another great year at the Last Bass Outpost!

jmcgliss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 02:38:32 PM »
I'd like to yell out a "thanks" from the bleachers, for the same reasons mentioned above. Plus, you guys helped halt(!), I mean divert a rash of F****r bass-building towards the magical and ballsy land of mahogany and chrome. 
RD Artist w/ Victory headstock (sold)
2009 Epiphone Thunderbird IV silverburst (mods pending)
2005 Lakland Decade Dark Star | 2009 55-02 Chi-Sonic
2005 Dark Star P-Bass | 1986 Pedulla Buzz |
Eden heads with various 12's and 10's | Ampeg B-15N

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 06:04:35 PM »
Thanks, guys, but George is right, all of you who post here help make it what it is.

Hard to believe we're almost to the two year mark.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 06:23:30 PM »

Dave and Uwe,

Thank you for the great place to hang out, this is my fave place to be on the internet. Our sense of family here is unique, I've learned so much, you guys are all tops in my book. Thanks all for putting up with all my bad humor, failed romances ( with Chris/Doug) and my general  :gay: ness  ;)  
 I've had the good fortune to meet a few of you on the phone and in person and to buy a few basses as well, thanks George, Scott, Curt and Joe!  
Have a  safe and prosperous New Year all!

Ze Fraulein
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 08:09:14 PM »
Dave,Uwe & everyone else here rules! i log on at least once a day.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Hornisse

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 08:55:57 PM »
This is a great place to hang!  I appreciate Dave and Uwe for starting it.  It's the only forum I frequent other than the Alembic Club.

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 02:44:55 AM »
Thanks are in order to all of you from me. It is nice to be apart of an online community with great members, some I have now known over 5 years from The Dude Pit which I joined when I was 15. While I don't post as much as I used to, I still stop by on a regular basis because I really do like this place and everyone here.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 04:16:51 AM »
Thanx guys for this wonderful addiction called The Last Bass Outpost 8)

ramone57

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 05:18:04 AM »
I'll add a heartfelt thanks to Dave, Uwe and everybody else as well.  this is a great and fun place indeed!  happy holidays!

:toast:

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 05:35:00 AM »
Quite amazing that a group of people so geographically disparate (no no desperate Kenny!..... well OK some of us  ;)) can remain as close in friendship as the members here have become, to the point of becoming very familiar with each others personalities and individual sense' of humor. I have been on many forums over the years but none as stimulating (leave it out Mark ;) ) , funny and comfortable as this one. Thanks to you all and obviously special thanks to Dave and Uwe for making it possible.

-Bret

Digresion our specialty!

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 05:40:27 AM »
I agree, this place has been a great refuge from tough times. It feels like my internet family here, that we have all gone through a lot of good & bad.

I'm glad to see a lot of new faces as well as some returning ones, without the "drama". I like the way new people are welcome here, not like other places that can be intimidating.

Dave & Uwe run a good ship, Dave being the disciplinarian & Uwe the voice of wisdom. I think it makes a good mix. Shake & Bake, Sweet & Sour, Naughty & Nice.

I would also like to add a big thanks to Jules & his relentless documentation, help & a great sister site.

Still, no true female regulars here (sorry Mark).

What I like about this place the most, besides the people here, is the "world view" you get, although they have to but up with our Americain idioms.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 06:02:44 AM »
I don't know what it is that we do or don't do that keeps wimmen other than Mark away, honest! Maybe we just smell bad.  :-\

This forum is as good as its people and that is all of you. I'd like to think that we preserved quite a few things that were good at The Dudepit (I know, no political discussions, but this is history now!) and discarded most that was not so good and became irritating after a while. 

I've been very busy workwise lately (and have a three week trip to Chile looming with Edith after Christmas) and the dearth for good human material in our firm is such that I have now been asked to head up our German litigation practice start of next year. Talk about people being desperate! If Dave's wasn't putting in so much time here in between yanking his dog away from eating cat poop ("one man's Kopi Luwak is another dog's ...") this place wouldn't be what it is. So thanks for that, Dave, and thanks to everybody else for being there and contributing. The Good, the Bad & the Witty!

Fröhliche Weihnachten!

Uwe

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 06:17:24 AM »
 With out a doubt my online "home". A great bunch of guys to be sure, many I consider friends. Here is to a third  year at the LBO. Thanks Dave and Uwe !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2009, 08:07:09 AM »
Yes indeed , Thanks to  Dave and Uwe for putting up with us. Thanks to nofi for turning me on to this place. Thanks to everyone for contributing  and making this a fun place for idiot basstards like me hang out ;D
Rick