Author Topic: Fretless 1975 sunburst Ripper - originally supplied fretless...?  (Read 3406 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: Fretless 1975 sunburst Ripper - originally supplied fretless...?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 11:02:53 AM »
Stanley Sheldon........................... The only thing I like about Frampton Comes Alive.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 11:06:24 AM »
Sheldon was THE redeeming quality of Frampton Comes Alive (in the studio). But my judgement about that album and its maker is today a lot milder than it was back then. He lost it all on that follow up album though.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Hornisse

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 12:31:45 PM »
He lost it all on that follow up album though.

He also lost a lot of his hair over the years!  :mrgreen:

Which probably came as a relief to him as he was - since his days with The Herd - always bothered that his good looks might overshadow his talent. He still has a hansome face and I guess has exchanged hair against credibility over the years. While I would have rather bit off my tongue than say that when he was a mega-star in the late seventies, I think he is a tasteful guitarist with a nice tone and a pleasant voice.

That said, "I'm in you" is still horrible!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 04:28:32 AM by uwe »

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 03:24:48 PM »
I've never played a fretless maple board though I'd like to try one.

If you're round here sometime, feel free to...  just cover your eyes, first... ;)

if i ever win the lottery,i'll make it my life's mission to put frets on all the fretless basses out there  :mrgreen: :o :P

Killjoy...  ;D

Stanley Sheldon... now there's a name I haven't thought of for a number of years... He also played bass on most of Tommy Bolin's "Teaser"...

The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...