Author Topic: bassman 10 speaker load  (Read 4343 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
Re: bassman 10 speaker load
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 10:27:20 AM »
shhhhhhhhhhh

don't push it or the Gibby police will cosmic zap you!!!

and welcome PBG
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 01:32:08 PM »
Like Dave said, I was just informing of why my internet posting has been so sparse. TB doesn't need me to bash it; that forum speaks for itself. I appreciate the words of support and comraderie. Believe me, I have no desire to re-live in any fashion, the situations I encountered in that forum.

My only caution is to be VERY careful of those you put your trust in on any internet forum, myself included. Anybody worth talking to should have no problem proving their legitimacy and discoursing passionately without it being an issue. IOW, people who have nothing to hide don't have to keep secrets.

That's why I like the openess and laid-back nature of this place, including the clear limits on discussions and the lack of mob mentaility-pandering. That stuff is human nature, and it's only through discipline and respect that it is avoided. Especially since this also a sort of an indirect offshoot of another once popular forum that crashed and burned and hurt alot of people in the process.

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 02:29:16 PM »
Welcome...

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 06:36:20 PM »
Like Dave said.....Especially since this also a sort of an indirect offshoot of another once popular forum that crashed and burned and hurt alot of people in the process.

i really liked the old crashed and burnt forum but i guess i loved both my ex's at one time also....still do in some ways....but it don't mean i want to be married again....nuff said. anyways, welcome again PBG...been a long time bro and a great big Mcthanks for the enlightenment about the speaker loading. BTW, got all my goodies for it now and am busy trying to get it all attached and looking good. hope u had a Happy Thanksgiving along with every other player here. i sure did.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 05:41:53 AM »
Well.............Did you get this thing together yet?  I'm curious :P
Rick

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 02:32:41 PM »
still looking for a great deal on the bay for a cab. have decided to look for a Fender Bassman 212 cab or a Marshall 212 cab like the one from Avatar. there are presently a few cabs on the bay but no one is offering a "deal". i have sold my Mr Mojo (a Peavey 30 classic in a Vox Berkeley head case) and the guy loves it, and i sold the TB Plus pup set for an SGRI last night.

i have been doing a lot of research into cab designs and have listened to countless clips of speakers in different cabs online. the old BF Fender design seems almost as good as any and i think a repo 212 BF Bassman cab would do these G12T-75 speakers very well.

i have got my goodies for the head now, manuel, logo (70's tail less type), tube sticker and new 70's type blue, sliver and white grill cloth (1 yard) to make it look almost like a Bassman 10 cab even though it is a Bandmaster (taller) head cab. the g/f gave me an old Jensen P12R 8 ohm 25 watt (a 50's era that her father made a speaker cab for, and the speaker looks like new!) that i have been doing a little practice through it with the volume turned WAY down in the mean time. i don't have any idea of what to do with that speaker in the long run unless i can sell it on the bay! meanwhile the 15" JBL is setting in the box and looks like it will remain so for a long time.

i'll post a shot of it all done in the "post a pic" topic section here when it gets done. thanks for asking.

hmmm... wonder what kind of speakers and tubes i could tear out of the old Curtis-Mathes stereo setting in the living room?

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »
Well.............Did you get this thing together yet?  I'm curious :P
Rick

got a cab Rick, an old but goody mid 60's showman bassman cab that has been rebuilt and recovered about 15 years ago with the hold down bushings respaced to fit a bandmaster/showman head. i'll be posting a pic as soon as it arrives. those celestions are going in as soon as it gets here!!! ;D ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 05:19:28 PM by old puppy »

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 06:20:34 AM »
Sounds good. I really am curious as to how those Celestions work out in that cab.  Like I said earlier, for some reason they seem to work better in a fairly basic cab than they do in a fancy design. I want to see if this proves true again :)
Rick