Author Topic: All The Old Dudes  (Read 4448 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: All The Old Dudes
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2009, 01:38:39 PM »
Depends if you had to suffer "handmedowns..."  ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2009, 01:52:57 PM »
"I'm a boy, I'm a boy but my mom won't admit it, I'm a boy, I'm a boy if I say I am I guess. I want to play cricket on the green, ride my bike across the street, cut myself and see my blood, I want to come home all covered in mud"
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2009, 08:53:26 PM »
My dad died in 1997 of pancreatic cancer at age 77.  My mom lived until January of 2008 and passed away basically because her body just tired out at age 87.  I couldn't have asked for more loving, understanding parents.  It was a kindness to their four kids that in both cases, we had months of warning that the ending is coming - but of course, I miss them both even though for 20 years I've lived 1000 or more miles away and only saw them once or twice a year.  Many times when I'm doing wood work or repairs around the home, I find myself wondering how my dad would evaluate my work - and then taking the time to do a better job to meet his standards.  I'm on very good terms with my two brothers and my sister - it's a good relationship all around.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2009, 02:22:33 PM »
Re adoption and inheritance issues:

I just survived swine flu (some feverish days and nights behind me) so don't hold your breath!  :mrgreen: But when I do my last croak one day and this forum stills exists, then I will donate some parts of ze kolleckshün to caring hands - I won't be able to take them with me in any case. Or gig bag for that matter. 
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2009, 02:30:48 PM »
I'd be happy to look after the "Clownburst" end of the ranges for you, all those beauties that some of the Brethern chastise you for, and I solemly promise not to modify or deface them... (has he gone...? can I uncross my fingers now...?)

Sort of coming back to thread... has anyone here come across a recording by Ian Hunter and Mick Ronson, with Felix and Corky Laing, known as "Secret Sessions"...?
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2009, 03:05:33 PM »
I'd be happy to look after the "Clownburst" end of the ranges for you, all those beauties that some of the Brethern chastise you for, and I solemly promise not to modify or deface them... (has he gone...? can I uncross my fingers now...?)

Sort of coming back to thread... has anyone here come across a recording by Ian Hunter and Mick Ronson, with Felix and Corky Laing, known as "Secret Sessions"...?

I have it.  It was "supposed" to be a permanent band, but never surfaced.  Corky Laing was selling the CD off his website for a while.  There's only one cut of those four together.  There's also a guest appearance by Dickie Betts on one song.  It was finally marketed more as a Corky Laing project than a band thing.  As I recall, it was OK, but nothing to write home about.  Want a copy?  PM me.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2009, 04:47:15 PM »
PM'd