Author Topic: okay, so i didn't give it up altogether, lol!!!  (Read 3647 times)

lowend1

• View Profile
Re: okay, so i didn't give it up altogether, lol!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 06:24:42 PM »
FYI

hi, just got off the phone with Larry @ this place:

http://www.naturdoctor.com/Chapters/Rodgers/index.html

So that's where Larry got to! He did a a Blackface Super Reverb that I found back in the late 90s. His work is top notch - and FWIW his prices haven't changed since then! (at least not on the Super)
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 08:23:35 PM »
nice thought Rick, i have been leaning towards a bassman also and have been looking for some on the Bay.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 10:32:19 AM »
here is what i came up with:

1) it is a mojo cab with dove tail joints

2) is 25$ less expensive than from mojo

and

3) it replicates the fender bassman 212 cab

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280156963784&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i also found a guy that sells the fender 15" tone ring kit...i will post more news about that when i get it.

ciao...bill the dog
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 12:44:11 PM »
Does that mean I shouldn't have sold my 60's Bassman 2x15 cab (no speakers) for $125? 

Oh well, that was last summer....
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 07:57:46 AM »
For a brand new cabinet that is a dead on Fender clone (without a Fender nameplate), that sounds like a decent deal. Your only other real alternative is to keep sniffing around for a good used one and honestly, I think I'd rather do the new. Buying used you're likely to see a lot guys who think they have some priceless vintage piece , and I really don't understand that point of view for a speaker cabinet . The head is a different story ;)
Rick

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 08:29:50 AM »
I agree. I figured a 40-year-old cab with no functional speakers was just a 40-year-old cab.  I was OK with getting more than $100 for it.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 11:10:26 AM »
right on!!

too much glue, old wood (think not a solid hunk or small numbers of large hunks like in bass guitar making) to fall apart and the ever present PURESTS who drive up the price of vintage pieces, or the scammers who try to sell junk on the bay.

thanks, bill the dog