Author Topic: Sorry  (Read 11837 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2009, 04:00:46 PM »
Those "certain other people" must have been the usual instigators. We must find them. Quick.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2009, 04:02:36 PM »
Don't look at me...  :o
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2009, 04:34:33 PM »
Punishment must be ruthless ...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2009, 11:42:23 PM »
Like I said this is the only Dutch tv show with live music, so we were already proud of these 70 seconds:) And indeed the other version is a studio-audience-only version. Next step is a meeting with a big record label, next thursday, but you'll never know...

@ Uwe: Thanks, we hear more about sounding like Jet. No problem:) I like that band.

@ Kenny: You can try and check the 70 seconds at www.thelalalies.nl The vid on top. Below is our vid. Yep, I go to a high A on the E-string, which looks quite high on a Bird:) Before I was adjusting my strap as low as possible, but with still a possibility to reach this A, ha ha! Sunday I had a gig and some songs were hard to do with such a long strap, but hey, rock 'n roll! No Mark King positions for me;)

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2009, 12:38:46 PM »
Ah yes, the Pete Way school of T'Birding...  ;D

I saw that one with no problems, Chris... the issue is at my end... ISP/BT issue at the moment...

And Uwe, be gentle with us all... no invasions...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2009, 01:02:01 PM »
Sunday I had a gig and some songs were hard to do with such a long strap, but hey, rock 'n roll! No Mark King positions for me;)

:) ;D :P

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2009, 02:28:32 PM »
The "Missionary Position" is reasonably easy, but the "Mark King" position takes some slappin' to get right...

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2009, 05:26:15 PM »
Victor has a good go at the MK position. Doesn't quite make it though.   Probably a good thing.

I reckon players who play that high have spent way too much time early on in their playing careers sitting down and playing. I get the impression that Pete Way like a lot of us, was out playing gigs while still learning to play. Just my humble opinion.  :)
Digresion our specialty!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2009, 06:27:43 AM »
There are limits how low you can go without getting your ankle all awkward for all but the most rudimentary stuff. I don't like the look of "bass under the chin"-players either, but if you look at the more busy great players - JE, JB, Chris Squire, Sir Paul -, none of them has his bass slung down Sid Vicious style low. You can't fool ergonomics. Hell, even Gene Simmon's (not a root note player)has his Axes and Punishers comparatively high.

I agree that lower looks cooler though, but it inhibits my playing.

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2009, 06:34:07 AM »
Playing lower may be harder on your left (or fretting hand) but its way more comfortable on your right(or picking/fingering etc)hand. i can play way faster down low.   
and wearing your bass low should be refered to as Dee Dee style not Sid Vicious.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2009, 08:39:25 AM »
and wearing your bass low should be refered to as Dee Dee style not Sid Vicious.

True. But at least 30 years of death haven't deteriorated Sid's bass skills at all.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2009, 08:40:27 AM »
Is he mostly dead, or all dead?  :P

Or, Like Generalissmo Francisco Franco, seriously dead?  :rolleyes:
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2009, 08:40:39 AM »
I like to record sitting down. So I can do everything much easier. But live I choose for the looks;)

Skate rat says it right: I like my right arm stretched out as much as possible but that's hard for your left hand. So I always have the bass a bit besides me (Think BB King; please no jokes about both our potbellies, Uwe ;D) and sometimes with the neck a bit upwards (Think a bit early Bill Wyman. Jokes about our mutual love for much too young girls are alright).

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2009, 06:06:05 PM »
if there's grass in the field,..............play ball.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2009, 09:46:33 PM »
if there's grass in the field,..............play ball.

If you're old enough to go to the zoo, you're old enough to pet the snake.