Author Topic: My 1961 EB3  (Read 4864 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: My 1961 EB3
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 03:05:17 AM »
You wish is my command, Master:

Live in action during my Brit Pop daze:

Hanging on the wall besides a GoW Zebrabird:

George has even better pics of it. With me, it has full Geneva Convention treatment and is entitled to one American Red Cross parcel every Christmas.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 03:13:01 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

ramone57

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 07:57:46 AM »
uwe, is it coincidence or by design there's a gibson box with a fragile sticker behind those  birds?

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 08:14:30 AM »

Uwe,

You're so cruel with the pics  :-\
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 10:23:59 AM »
You're the only person I'd ever (re)sell it too. Of course only after signing a 20 page lawyer-drafted declaration that will prevent you from (re)selling it to anyone but me!

HA HA! I'd happily sign that document.  ;)

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 11:06:24 AM »
Is that a leftover 70s sidewinder pickup they used?  What a strange and beautiful bird!  Was this one on Ebay around 2002-ish?  I seem to recall watching an auction for one like that...  That would have been around the time I started playing again, and indulging in my EB lust and general fascination with all things mahogany  8)

And speaking of EB lust- those are gorgeous basses dexter!  Great job on the EB-3 rehab!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2009, 03:39:48 PM »

I remember that bass on ebay! I wanted it SO BAD! just didn't have the $$$  :-[
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 04:02:44 PM »
2003. I remember it didn't get much bidding and most of the questions were wary of its provenance. I shot off an email to Gibson and they replied within a day with the now familiar story that there was a special order done in 1985 and this one was most likely ordered after those went out (it's an '86 serial number). Got it cheap that time around. I won't get off so easy if I'm ever able to send for her in the Fatherland... She's in good hands though, so I'll bide my time.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2009, 02:27:23 AM »
uwe, is it coincidence or by design there's a gibson box with a fragile sticker behind those  birds?

Coincidence, as currently that same wall is decorated with Rippers, G-3s and Grabbers!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...