Author Topic: Lots of little jobs in the shop today.  (Read 710 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Lots of little jobs in the shop today.
« on: July 11, 2009, 11:51:13 AM »
 Well it is raining so I headed down tho the shop to do some mundane tasks I have been putting off. First I sorted out the controls on my Bach Bird. While digging in my pickup box for some wire I found a Seymour Duncan 1/4 pounder P pickup, quite a coincedence as I was looking at those online today for my fretless and lamenting that I didn't have the dough.  I could not believe my luck ! So I installed that in my fretless P. Then I turned my attention to the Phoenix, the fragment of a NR Tbird I am restoring. I routed the control cavity the other week so I laid out the controls and drilled the holes for them. It is really almost done I am just waiting for SD to finish the pickup (I had one but it went into the Butcher bird). Next on the list was the pickguard for my JAE Fenderbird.  All in all a nice afternoon and I am feeling quite accomplished.  :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 01:57:58 PM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Lots of little jobs in the shop today.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 05:36:48 PM »
Wow, that bird looks great! Lots of little projects add up to some real progress I'm sure. I can't wait to see an updated family photo!

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 04:45:52 AM »
Nice job Scott, I'm with George- can't wait to see the updated pics of your other projects.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 05:53:02 PM »
Nice to make progress isn't it Scott?  That Bach bird is looking good!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!