Author Topic: anyone of the guru's ever seen a no-name Tbird like this before?  (Read 2179 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: anyone of the guru's ever seen a no-name Tbird like this before?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
George... The pups (one died during a "mod" - the other is around, somewhere) were/are Peter Cook Customs, gold plated, like the rest of the hardware, and the only other time I have ever seen them were in John Entwistles basses made for him by Peter Cook, the one that sold for $30,000+, red/yellow vaguely jagged paddle shape, is one - it is on one site but can't get link at present, slow site... vaguely like chrome T'bird pups, but with 4 adjustable poles... I did not think that much of them, which was why they were outed...

That "was" his site, but his partner bought him out years ago - he has long since disappeared off the radar...

I've had her since the 70's and was told she was built around '72, but that may be wrong...?

I know he definitely made 2 6/12 double neck Firebirds but his instruments are so scarce, I have only ever seen one other live and never seen another bass, other than Entwistles...

The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: anyone of the guru's ever seen a no-name Tbird like this before?
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 11:27:49 PM »
Yep, I've got a red Session. And of course googling 'Session' and 'Thunderbird' is impossible.
It's a nice set neck but cheap made T-bird with Firebird-kinda pick ups. I'm busy with this bass making it better. Or worse. I dunno yet;)

Maybe interesting: I have a set neck 400 euro Chinese Tokai at home. Epiphone woods (alder, maple, rosewood) but a set neck. I'm reviewing that one.