Author Topic: Summer Movies  (Read 9007 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Movies
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2009, 01:36:40 PM »
GIMME A B
BEEEEEE
GIMME AN A
AAAAAAA
GIMME A T
TEEEEEE
GIMME AN H
AITTCHHHHH

WHAT HAVE YOU GOT....?

forget it man... ah've bin cultivatin' this filth for 40 years man... where's that lid of blow...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2009, 03:34:27 PM »
I would guess that most who were druggies back then have either gone straight or died by now. Anyone who's kept that up for 40 years needs a lot more than a bath.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2009, 03:39:23 PM »
The most gifted guitarist I ever played with lived the drugs and drink part of that lifestyle and it only took him about 12 years or so to kill himself with it. Some don't even make it that far...

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2009, 12:17:59 PM »
Surrogates is BADASS!!!

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2009, 12:21:42 PM »
While I have yet to go see any of the new movies that have come out, I plan to relive a bit of my childhood by going to see the Toy Story/Toy Story 2 3D double feature tonight.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2009, 01:25:28 PM »
WAY-2-GO, BIG-D...!
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2009, 03:31:11 AM »
It is surprising to think that Toy Story and Toy Story 2 had no intentions of being made into 3D movies yet worked really well in the format. Granted Toy Story could have used some touch ups when compared to Toy Story 2 despite the 3 year difference and the fact that a good portion of Toy Story 2 was thrown out within a year of it's release and remade. Once again it was the 3D that just gives off depth instead of throwing things in your face. One review I saw compared it to watching the movie through a window which is a comparison I think fits quite well. There was one shot that stood out in terms of appearance with 3D and it was when the toys were walking through bushes outside and you saw the different layers of depth between the branches and leaves.

It was a bit odd seeing a movie on the big screen again after having seen it when they came out. I have actually grown up on Pixar movies with Toy Story coming out when I was 7 and Toy Story 2 when I was 10.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2009, 03:47:42 AM »
I can relate to the toys in them that I played with as a kid.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2009, 09:40:07 AM »
Went to see 'Zombieland' with my daughter last nite. (We came up to Flagstaff for parent's weekend at NAU) The two of us like to watch crappy horror movies together so we thought ZL would be a fun outing for us. It's funny and gorey, just like a good zombie movie should be! It's not as good as 'Shaun of the dead', but then thats a high level to reach in horror comedy. My wife (who hates zombie movies) actually enjoyed it ??? and said that she would watch it again! Not for young children at all, despite the handful that were there with their parents. ???
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2009, 12:20:03 PM »
They're just starting to advertise that over here, Andy, but with 2 female, non-zombie, fans in the house...

I can dig that comment about Toy Story too, John; bought the originals on DVD years back, Big D; big fan of Pixar's work; Steve Jones must have been soooo pleased to have invested in them at the start...

Is a TS3 in the works...?

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2009, 12:59:49 PM »
Yep, do I ever remember Toy Story - my daughter was maybe 6 at the time and she and eveyone of her friends saw the movie - overnight I became Mr Lightyear to the little Rug Warriors ;D

I loved the movies and like John I identified with all of toys I had played with as a kid.

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2009, 01:28:47 PM »
Is a TS3 in the works...?
That is partially the reason for the double feature, Toy Story 3 is set to release on June 18th, 2010.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2009, 01:36:35 PM »
Ah-hah...! ta Big D...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2009, 01:57:05 PM »
Saw Zombie Land last night. was a good fun movie but nothing amazing. Bill Murry was funny.

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2009, 05:10:11 PM »
Whip It & Zombieland are both gooood!!
Cool to see Juliet Lewis & Woody Harrelson back & ROCKIN' on the Big Screen!!
Drew Barrymore directed & produced Whip It & my only complaints are that it got a little mushy at times & instead of some lame rap crap at the end they should have played the ol' DEVO Classic.
Zombieland is a BLAST! Goood FUN & funneeeee