Author Topic: Road Worn Jazz neck for my '08 MIA J  (Read 1262 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Road Worn Jazz neck for my '08 MIA J
« on: May 29, 2009, 12:04:46 PM »
 I just bought a Road Worn J neck off the 'bay complete with the vintage tuners ! Late last year I um............. dropped my '08 Jazz at a gig. The neck split out at the heel, cracked through the tuners and the end off the headstock broke off, I repaired it and got it all back together but I have been looking for a new neck. A while ago I played a RW J and was really impressed with the neck and thought that would be just the thing. Should be here next week, I'll give a update once it is installed.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 12:23:31 PM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

eb2

• View Profile
Re: Road Worn Jazz neck for my '08 MIA J
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 03:59:48 PM »
They seem like decent necks that look right.  I am probably going to pick up one of them used when they start showing up used, and use the parts for projects.  Let us know how the neck is.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 02:44:28 PM »
 Just got the neck today and Love it ! Feels like a nice 60's neck. Got home from work and it was sitting on the porch, half hour later my Jazz is all reliced out ! Now this bass is really mine !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 05:04:31 AM »
I know no bass without a picture ! I am really digging this neck ! Love the vintage tuners.