Author Topic: Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller and Victor Wooten playing in town June 8  (Read 1176 times)

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
They are all appearing together at Carolina Theater as SMV Monday, June 8. Has anyone seem them perform together? I'm thinking it ought to be well worth it.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
I have the CD, I have to imagine it will be an incredible show.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Clicke-dee-boinge-dee-clack-slap!

I've got the album. It is entertaining if you like sports events.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

ilan

• View Profile
They are great. My favorite parts in the concert were Stanley's upright solo, and everything Marcus plays on bass. Extremely enjoyable from the 1st row!

The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

ramone57

• View Profile
I'd go without hesitation.  I saw MM opening for SC a few summers ago; it was fantastic!  seeing SC play solo on his upright...unbelievable!  then both bands jammed together for awhile at the end of the show.  I didn't want them to stop playing.  one of the best shows I've seen.  I also caught Vic with Bela Fleck the same summer and it was another great show.  I don't (and can't) play like any of those guys but anybody that plays owes it to himself to witness all that amazing talent on stage at the same time.   have fun!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Actually, I like Clarke's upright playing too. Very manly and strong. And when he plays electric bass, he has more of a rock feel than most jazz rock players. I wouldn't mind seeing them either. Their music doesn't really move me emotionally, but I find it intelectually stimulating.

ilan

• View Profile
I asked the sound person what is it like to work with three bass players. He said that he thinks of Marcus as bass, Stanley as rhythm guitar (he tunes his Alembic ADGC), and Victor as lead.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
On the album, Clarke often plays support stuff to let the two "youngsters" show their chops. But in essence it is a Marcus Miller album with guests - like all albums Marcus plays on!

ilan

• View Profile
^ That's so true.