Author Topic: I bought a.................................Peavy T40 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9612 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
 I bet you didn't see that coming ! When they first came out I bought one for all of $225 brand spanki'n new. I love the pickups ! I blew more speakers with that thing. I sold it in the early 80's and wished I never did. I have been watching ebay for a deal for quite a while............................. seems everyone gets a deal but me. In the past couple of days there have been like 5 black ones with the maple neck (I think these look the best). I got out bid on a couple so before I went to bed last night I tossed a bid of  300.00 one one ( about 50 bucks more than I wanted to spend but whats $50 when you want something ?) Well I woke up this morning and it turns out I won it ! I'll post pics as soon as it is here. Oh my back they make a SVT seem light.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Bert

• View Profile
    • My website
Congrats! Someday I will own a black T-40 myself.
'68 4001|'73 4001 MG|'73 4001 AZG (PW refin)|'75 4000 MG|'79 4001 JG FL|'81 4001S AZG|'86 4003 MID/BT|'86 4003 Shadow|'86 4003S JG|'88 4003s Blackstar|'89 4003 Grey/BT FL|'96 4003S/8 FG|'98 4003S/5 JG| 05 650D|06 4004 CII BBR||B-115|RB 30||?

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
When I was 15 and had the choice between a T-40 and a 74 Jazz bass I chose the Jazz, which I dont regret. But I have always wondered what it would be like to own one of those monsters.
Digresion our specialty!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Congrats, bro... I had an infatuation with owning one, but that was as far as it went... looking forward to seeing her...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
CONGRATS.I LOVE MINE......'78 P.A.F.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Congrats, Scott! Post a pic.  8)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
When I was 15 and had the choice between a T-40 and a 74 Jazz bass I chose the Jazz, which I dont regret. But I have always wondered what it would be like to own one of those monsters.
Well you know you made the right choice ! But try a T40 I bet it will surprise you.The later solid color ones were alder, much lighter that the ash variety.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
CONGRATS.I LOVE MINE......'78 P.A.F.

Looks just like the one I owned ! It really blew my mind when it came out. The arched body, new pickups, new bridge design, you could tell Peavey really went to great lengths to make the bass a hit. The only complaint I ever hear is that they are to heavy (they are !) If they had chambered the body a bit I bet they would have had a real hit. Gotta remember though mass was a big deal in 70's bass design, mass = sustain.

Highlander

• View Profile
Sounds like a job for...

ROUTER-MAN...!

Shouldn't be anything beyond your abilities, or even an experimental "clone" body transplant...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
 here is a pic from the auction, I can't wait to get till it gets here !

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Cooool Black on Black & Maple neck! YOWZAH!

Congrats Bert too!! Post a pic of yours on Sunday too.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Nice bass! I love those enormous pick ups!

Bert doesn't say 'sunday' but 'someday'. So no congrats to Bert yet. However: Bert: Tell us something about that other bass......... ;)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
It would be intersting to make a new chambered body with f holes.

Scott you know you need to do an f hole bass to join the club?

It's a right of passage here.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
It would be intersting to make a new chambered body with f holes.

Scott you know you need to do an f hole bass to join the club?

It's a right of passage here.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm a F hole Tbird ?  I'm pretty myopic when it comes to bass builds.

Highlander

• View Profile
... and being a Gemini... hey, there goes that squirrell...

With the Doc's 4005, and I'm sure I've seen reference to others (still working through from the beginning, sad little OCD that I am), is that a gauntlet that has been laid at your feet...?

Anyway, not "F" holes... a "T'Bird" shaped hole and something complimentary on the top fin... hmmm?