Author Topic: Hipshot Supertone 2 point replacement bridges  (Read 11933 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Hipshot Supertone 2 point replacement bridges
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 09:10:32 AM »
You're saying the imperial bolts they sent do fit the existing holes on your bass. That's good.

I don't quite understand what you're saying about inserts. Do some later versions have metric threads?

And what about the bridge being too wide for the holes? Were you mistaken about that?

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 04:49:41 PM »
For lack of a better term I meant with insert the head of the allen bolts where you insert the allen wrench. There is a metric pair of bolts (with metric threads which do not fit my EB-4L) and an imperial insert/head bolt (with corresponding thread which does fit). I had initially assumed that the threads were the same imperial size on both sets of bolts and that only the heads/inserts differed between metric and imperial (though that would have been silly). The bridge is still a tad bit wide for the bushing holes on this particular EB-4L, but the allen bolts work better than the original bolts I had to work with on my first try. They have enough space in the elliptical mounting holes of the bridge to sink in and the mounting is hugely stable. Who knows, on another specimen the current dimensions of the replacement bridge might be perfect.

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2009, 06:16:50 PM »
You say Metric, and I say Imperial...

Metric, Imperial, Metric, Imperial, let's call the HOLE thing off...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...