Author Topic: Music no man should own  (Read 5058 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Music no man should own
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 10:22:11 AM »
What's wrong with owning this album?

I never had it (though I do unashamedly own Cher CDs), but the image sure makes me long for the days when the more visual aspects of music were not reduced to a CD jewel case size! Bring forth the double album!

A gem from the time before buttocks went botox: A down to earth and straightforward girl, Cher never left too much to the imagination ...

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 10:52:23 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 10:31:22 AM »
I'm safe on all 10 counts, but if I did own the Cher album I'd probably drop it into a frame and hang it on the wall.  Eye candy!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 04:32:28 PM »
I never understood why anyone thought Cher was good looking.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 05:13:17 PM »
Hey, it's not like she didn't try!  :mrgreen:

I liked her largely still unmanipulated looks in the Silkwood era. She wasn't just another bimbo, but had features which set her apart, long face and all. Middle Easternish. But judging from your crush for the former Mrs van Halen, you prefer the more cherubic type, right Dave?

See, I haven't mentioned Gwyneth P. once, that's strictly between us!

Uwe

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 05:57:03 PM »
Will people still talk to me if I admit to having seen "Greg and Cher" at the Rainbow (London) in 1977...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 06:51:04 PM »
Was it as bad as people say it was? Or has time healed even these wounds? Did Cher do the vocal part of Jessica?

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 12:57:22 AM »
Now you know that list doesn't have any credibility at all.

Any list with a title like that that doesn't have "Devastatin' Dave the Turntable slave" doin' his FAMOUS! "Zip Zap Rap" is just operating under false pretences.

Bet you cant force yourself tolisten to all 4:42 mins of it  :puke:

Digresion our specialty!

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 05:22:38 AM »
I never understood why anyone thought Cher was good looking.

Standing next to Sonny probably helped quite a bit :)
Rick

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2009, 05:39:10 AM »
I would have thought owning a Manowar album would have been a bigger sin than KISS.  I happen to like KISS.  Not all of it, but they're a fun band.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 04:04:04 PM »
Gary, I have to admit to owning the first 6 KISS on vinyl - DESTROYER was a cool LP (Bob Ezrin was a cool producer) - and saw them both nights they played at the Hammy Odeon in London in '76, but never did again - grew out of them...?

Bret, I took the challenge - that was truly awful - I hope they took him "out-back" and left him to make his own way home...? I'll never be the same again - but that can only be a good thing... right...?

thos for and against - Cher did not leave much to the imagination and from the front row... skin tight and plack, and fluffy and white - several changes in a short set...

Uwe - the gig got NME's "Turkey Of The Year" award, but the year also resulted in Dicke Betts and Great Southern (with Toler and Goldflies who went into the reformed ABB a year or so later), and the other Allmans splinter Sea Level (produced some really good music - Lamar Williams was a great bassist), with Grinderswitch (Red Dog) and Dixie Dregs (Steve Morse, now with the Purples, obviously) touring the UK...
Gregg played a Muzak set - a token Statesboro Blues, a 4 minute Whipin' Post, Midnight Rider, plus a fair percentage of that LP... duets included Stills' Love The One Your With... the mist has descended on the rest... It was a slick Las Vegas show, but totally soul-less... 2 plus points for me was the inclusion of Johnny Sandlin (on bass, played with Duane and Gregg in the Hourglass) and a guitarist called Ricky Hirsch from a band I quite liked and had quite a bit of vinyl called Wet Willie...
I'm relying on your discretion here Uwe, so don't pass this on but I quite enjoyed it, in a perverse kind of way...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Rocker949

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 08:16:15 PM »
Johnny Sandlin...that isn't a name I was expecting to see here.  I've never met him but I know a bassist who works with him on the weekends.  The bassist has his own little studio which I've been to a few times.  
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 09:42:10 PM by Rocker949 »

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 09:55:44 PM »

All I know is Ringo has some very fine thighs wrapped around his head. Whats wrong with that ? (I'd like to know?)
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

nofi

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2009, 06:29:36 AM »
i dunno. is that hair i see,and those knees look kind of manly. :mrgreen: