Author Topic: Who Owns A Hot Rod?  (Read 8311 times)

pamlicojack

• View Profile
Re: Who Owns A Hot Rod?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 05:19:00 PM »
i think that 31 has a 34 grille.

I said 'mostly'... ;D

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 06:22:26 PM »
http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u275/cathousemouse/rods%20projects%20and%20sold/?start=all

password is "bassplayer"

which hot rod or project?

the gold wag was done 4 years ago. started as a 2 grand wag, sold for 7 grand after it was done

the brown wag is setting in the drive waiting for its turn

the "rat rod 39 chevy pickup cab" is on its frame just welded up before winter came on.

the blue plymouth is getting a new engine.

the grey pickup is on its 2nd body, 4th tranny, setting waiting to now donate its drive train to the 39. it also has over 500,000 miles (yeah half a million) with its diesel motor and gets almost 50 mpg on the highway. it presently is setting with a chevy/mercruiser 6 cyl in the back which is going into another rod. it has been the shop "beater" for 11 years now in all its incarnations.

the model A, AA, and other pics are from a nearby salvage out of which i bought a 48 frame, (inna weeds) a 35 smoothback sedan body (going to be a vintage modified racer replica), the wide 5 front axles pictured, the lincoln wide 5 back axle pictured, and a few other parts like the allis chalmers grill for the 39 rat and the 3/4 ton rear diff for the vintage race car.

and you might notice the small allis grill is on an old midget racer that is getting restored. you can blow up this pic and see the quarter eliptics and the edge trim of the racing body if you look close enough.

there are more cars for , salvage and restoration or restored at this place than you can imagine.

the pictures are all taken by me and the ones of the salvage were taken three weeks ago (you can see my brother and donald in some) and NO i am not going to tell you where they are.

smack smack yummy

excluded are pics of my modified 94 chevy van and the rodded 94 harley sportster.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 05:17:52 AM »
i have been a truck guy for many years now but back in the day i was quite the happy street racer. i had a 1955 chevy and a 1968 roadrunner. both were very heavily modified and i raced them into oblivion . never had so much fun and even raced andy west in his 1966 gto a few times. :)

no sissy nitrous, just real horsepower ;)

I Love those old Mopars. I used to have a 69 Super Bee. Straight black on black , no stripes 383 w/440 heads , a set of pipes , hemi torque converter, set of pipes , distributor and carb work done by ramcharger. About 425 hp on 3200lbs.
BTW: I use a very mild shot of only the "manly" nitrous. The supercharger reacts really well with a little blast of nice cold juice ;D
Rick

nofi

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 05:46:52 AM »
sorry rick, i didn't see your post before i wrote mine. ;D

i saw one of the original ramchargers altered wheelbase a/fx cars in a match race against 'dyno' don nicholson. loved those injector tubes sticking through the hood.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 06:00:47 AM by nofi »

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 05:57:59 AM »
I can take it ;D
Rick

bobyoung

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 09:44:39 PM »
This may not be a hot rod by definition but I like it, a mildly modded 09 Pontiac G8 GT (yes it's a rebadged Holder Commodore for you Aussies), small block V8 364 CI pushing about 400 HP and 400 ft lbs of torque, rear wheel drive posi and 6 speed auto.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2009, 08:44:31 AM »
This may not be a hot rod by definition but I like it, a mildly modded 09 Pontiac G8 GT (yes it's a rebadged Holder Commodore for you Aussies), small block V8 364 CI pushing about 400 HP and 400 ft lbs of torque, rear wheel drive posi and 6 speed auto.

Those are really cool cars. Horrible market timing though.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2009, 08:49:32 AM »
Those are really cool cars. Horrible market timing though.

Yeah, sad but true.

Too bad the Pontiac name can't be kept alive strictly as a one or two model performance car only, to be sold by other GM dealerships. Unfortunately, the stranglehold the dealers have over GM would probably prevent that.

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2009, 04:02:43 PM »

Whatever! Call my Vette a sports car if ya like...but in my humble opinion it's the coolest fokken car on the road!
Took it up to 98 today effortlessly. Top Speed for these babies is 175!
0 to 60 in 4.2 seconds! YES! Only 4,176 convertibles like mine were made in '94.
See ya later...I'm gonna go take another spin down by Huntington pier & show 'er off & see if there's any more girls out there in their under..er...bikinis!

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2009, 09:02:47 PM »

Clint would be envious  ;)  That car was made here in Adelaide. They are called a Holden Monaro here Bob. Monaro's go back to about 1968 as a marque if I'm not mistaken. HK Monaro was the first one.

Here is a 68 HK and a 2001

« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 06:30:19 AM by Freuds_Cat »
Digresion our specialty!

bobyoung

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 10:47:12 PM »
Yeah, sad but true.

Too bad the Pontiac name can't be kept alive strictly as a one or two model performance car only, to be sold by other GM dealerships. Unfortunately, the stranglehold the dealers have over GM would probably prevent that.

So far they've been saying that Pontiac will be kept alive as a "niche" car with only maybe two models being made, I've heard the G8 and the Solstice will still be around.
Yeah it was lousy timing and mine was even worse, I bought it last September before all this stuff started happening and paid full sticker on it, but I don't regret it, it's a hard car to drive slow, handles very well. I'm hoping to put a Magnacharger in it by next fall, of course there goes the warranty. I've had the engine control module and transmission control module tuned, and put a CAI on it. I get second gear rubber at partial throttle with the traction control on in sport drive mode. It's actually very good on gas on the highway if you can cruise the speed limit (which I can't). I followed a pickup to Brooklyn one day for a gig, average speed about 65 mph for 200 miles and got 26.9 mpg and it's accurate. The way I drive I get around 18 if I'm lucky ;D.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2009, 06:25:49 AM »

When I saw that car I thought it was a BMW M class car. When I saw it was a Pontiac, I thought GM is finally doing things right.

Awesome car.

bobyoung

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2009, 11:36:42 PM »
Clint would be envious  ;)  That car was made here in Adelaide. They are called a Holden Monaro here Bob. Monaro's go back to about 1968 as a marque if I'm not mistaken. HK Monaro was the first one.

Here is a 68 HK and a 2001

That 68 Monaro looks kind of like a late 60's Chevelle and that 2001 looks almost identical to the Pontiac GTO's they sold here for three years 2004 through 2006. I almost bought a brand new 2006 left over a couple of years ago. Holden makes some damn fast cars, hey who is Clint BTW? The only Clint I know of besides Clint Eastwood is Clint Black. I'm sick of the US anyway, if they stop making or importing cars like this perhaps I'll move to Australia, haha! What does that 2001 have for a motor?

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2009, 06:11:21 AM »
Clint Eastwood was famous (here at least) for importing a Peter Brock HSV (Holden Special Vehicles) Commodore into the US and driving it around town when he was a Mayor of some small town. (Peter Brock is our most  famous racing driver. Otherwise know as Peter Perfect. He won a ridiculous amount of races in all sorts of different classes of racing.

I think the earlier model Monaros had a 350 Chev motor. The standard Holden V8 is a 308cu motor but its got a longer stroke than the 327's or 350's from what I understand.  The 308 was designed more for towing than hauling as we say here.

Dont quote me though, I'm only a bar room expert on these things.
Digresion our specialty!

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2009, 03:45:20 PM »
Latest from Elizabeth is this:

Holden plant hit as GM axes Pontiac

Holden's Elizabeth car plant in South Australia is facing an uncertain future after General Motors announced it was scrapping the main car produced there.

Overnight GM said it was scrapping its long-running Pontiac brand and axeing 21,000 US jobs as it aims to meet a June 1 deadline to revamp its business.

The Elizabeth plant makes the Pontiac G8, but production will now be phased out by the end of the year.
Digresion our specialty!