Author Topic: Chimp woman  (Read 6446 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Chimp woman
« on: February 20, 2009, 11:15:41 AM »
This is becoming more & more bizarre
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02192009/news/regionalnews/its_animal_attraction_155922.htm

She fed him filet mignon and lobster tails. They shared cozy glasses of wine. They bathed and slept together. He tenderly brushed her hair. She gave him gifts and sweet kisses. He drew her pictures.

But this was no ordinary affair of the heart. Sandra Herold was engaging in these loving acts with a 200-pound pet ape.
Herold's human friends said they were always leery of the inter-species intimacy.

"It's just weird," one friend said. "It's an animal, not a person. What she had with that monkey was not normal."

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Chimp woman
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:42:11 AM »

I don't monkeys, tree climbin' crap flingers!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 08:39:09 AM »
Another story of a couple who slept with a baboon-

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/26/garden/26primates.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&em

Bob, who’s owned wild animals all his life, admits Higgins has not always been a model pet. When Higgins was 3, he slept with the couple, often awakening Bob in the morning by climbing to the bedroom rafters and dropping onto Bob’s stomach. On one occasion, they got in a wrestling match, and Higgins put one of his “steel-like fingernails” through Bob’s scrotum.

I have raised baby animals, like birds & a squirrel once. As a child I always thought it would be really cool to have a pet wild animal.

I just can't imagine a 70 year old woman living with an uncaged chimp for so long

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 08:54:16 AM »
JUDIE HARRISON, 50 and three times married, is an extreme example of monkey love. She once demanded that her 15-year-old son give up his bedroom for a chimp, and today she is estranged from all three of her children because she put the primates first. Her passion also cost her her home.

She also took a lot of hard knocks herself. In a New York hotel for a job with Mikey, Ms. Harrison was letting the chimp groom her teeth, which is to say, pick at them — a not uncommon chimp habit and an example, perhaps, of a chimp simianizing a human.

“All of a sudden I feel a severe pain on the right side of my mouth and then I felt something dripping down my face,” Ms. Harrison says. “And there was all this blood, and I look over at Mikey and here he had my tooth in his hand, roots and all. He had pulled my tooth out with one finger.”

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 10:51:44 AM »
Human beings can be very, very weird.  Case in point ^^^^^.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 11:16:15 AM »
A 200lb primate is about three times as strong as a human of equal weight. There are a lot of variables in how you would evaluate such a thing,but they are, without any doubt, a helluva lot stronger than a man. Performing certain tasks or movements a man may be some competition for a primate, but in many others they are so much stronger than man it is really tough to evaluate. Their muscle composition is far more dense than a humans, and in certain movements that are essential to their survival in the wild, like the ability to climb and swing from limb to limb, they are so much stronger than we are, it is near impossible to measure accurately.
I am a real animal lover and I have rescued and raised a number of small wild animals, and as tame as they may be, there is still a wild side. With a smaller animal this can result in a little scratch or bite once in a while. When you play with an animal that is a close match for you in size or weight , that little scratch or bite can injure or kill you. The added bonus is, if they are that much stronger than you, you won't be able to stop them from finishing you off :o. If you think that with mans supposedly superior intellect that you will outsmart them, you're most likely wrong. A wild animal has wild animal instincts. They do not have to be taught how to kill or disable their opponent. They are born with this knowledge and if you are not big or strong or fast enough to match them ......you will not likely come out of a fight in real good shape.
Rick

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 11:32:53 AM »
If you think that with mans supposedly superior intellect that you will outsmart them, you're most likely wrong. A wild animal has wild animal instincts. They do not have to be taught how to kill or disable their opponent. They are born with this knowledge and if you are not big or strong or fast enough to match them ......you will not likely come out of a fight in real good shape.
Rick

You can always threaten to sue them...
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 11:55:31 AM »
You can always threaten to sue them...
;D ;D  Too Funny.
I can just picture some half blood soaked SOB getting chased around the back yard by a 200lb Chimp , screaming and threatening  to call Sam Bernstien and Associates.

Rick

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 11:58:31 AM »
;D ;D  Too Funny.
I can just picture some half blood soaked SOB getting chased around the back yard by a 200lb Chimp , screaming and threatening  to call Sam Bernstien and Associates.

Rick

See there's your mistake - this is a job for an ACLU lawyer.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 12:07:02 PM »
Ain't no monkey gonna mess with you bud.
Rick

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 03:39:40 PM »
Free advice for any folks living with monkeys:  I hear that it pisses them off when you do this:

...so its probably best not to do that.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 05:10:30 AM »
LOL

Truth is always stranger than fiction

From a former Primate Zoo care taker I know.

Well, yeah...as a former ape keeper who worked with all three great apes (Gorillas, Orangs and Chimps) I can tell you that chimps are feared the most by keepers. That isn't to say that you can't have great, strong, loving relationships with them...but wow, they can do so MUCH damage so quickly when they are angry. And sadly, when they attack they often go for the groin, and the face...makes sense if you want to seriously damage your opponent.

We have an old (but true) joke in the zoo world. If you go to a primate conference, and shake someone's hand, if they are missing a finger (or more) they are probably a chimp keeper  In twelve years of working with apes, the only one that hurt me (not badly) was a chimp who raked my hand with her fingernails, just to show me that she could

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 04:58:04 AM »
The woman who was attacked is at the Cleveland clinic for a face transplant
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5852078.ece

Doctors said yesterday that she lost her hands, nose, lips and eyelids in the mauling and may also have been left blind and brain-damaged.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 11:34:40 AM »
As we had a (not yet adult) chimp for a short time when we were in Africa I can attest to the beast's strength. He would playfully wrap his arm around you and almost send you over the table with it.

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...