Main Forums > The Bass Zone

What's you guys' opinion on Peter Steele of Type O Negative as a bassplayer?

(1/2) > >>

Blazer:

I recently re-discovered Type O negative. Their music is a really cool blend of spookiness, metal and church music. Steele's bassplaying basically consists of playing powerchords and using a heavy chorus on his bass sound but it fits.

"Love you to death" live in Germany 1999

Freuds_Cat:
Thats quite an unusual blend of sounds. Not normally what I'm into but I enjoyed that.

nofi:
the metal yanni. although they did a really good version of "summer breeze". :mrgreen:

gearHed289:
Big fan. Very unique stylist. Most of the low end in that band comes from the keys and kick drum. Pete has an almost Lemmy quality to his playing. Seen them live many times. October Rust is one of those CDs that I've just about worn out. I love it. And they have a very, very good sense of humor among all the goth metal stylings.

gearHed289:

--- Quote from: Blazer on February 03, 2009, 05:04:12 AM ---Steele's bassplaying basically consists of playing powerchords and using a heavy chorus on his bass sound but it fits.
--- End quote ---

He also has a Sustainer built in to all his basses and gets lots of feedback/sustain through his wedges.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version