Main Forums > The Bass Zone

I quit one of my bands this weekend

(1/2) > >>

pamlicojack:

For the first time in 25 years of playing, I walked away from a band.  I have so many irons in the fire that I was spending almost no time at home with the wife and/or kids. 

After a long bout of soul searching.  Cattletruck got the axe.  I have nothing but respect for the guys and they are all top-notch musicians, but I just couldn't justify my time.  I've spent the last 2 weeks in secret trying to line up candidates for my replacement and have passed along 5 potentials to the band.  They may not use any of them but at least I can't say I left them in a lurch.  I still have the Rayguns and we are playing out at a good pace, but one that the wife is comfortable with.

How did you deal with walking away?  I'm still not sure how I feel about it. 

drbassman:
I quit one of my bands in  Sept. I just mentioned I needed a break and before I knew it, the guitar player and drummer said  "Me too!"   We left on great terms. I miss them but we're all better off now.   I got lucky, it could have been worse.   :)

rockinrayduke:
I don't know if I could play in more than one band. Hats off to those of you who can.

SKATE RAT:
i'm in 3 and its really hard.i think i'm gonna quit one but i have 2 other possible projects in the wings. plenty of time for sleep in the grave.

godofthunder:
Hey there is only so much of you to go around ! Ya can't do everything. You didn't leave them in the lerch so all should be cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version