Gear Discussion Forums > Bill's Shop: Projects, Mods & Repairs

Home made luthier/shop tools

<< < (3/20) > >>

shadowcastaz:
This is my dust collector/ sanding station with the florescent light grill on top. doc,Im glad you started this because I needed to change my filters.

The front panel comes off  of 4 threaded posts with wing nuts.

this motor I got from Grainger. It is basically a squirrel cage  blower wired to a basic light switch on side.

this shows the 2 filter slots. 2 stage,coarse and fine . Basic 20"x20" furnace filters

Its pretty quiet. No louder than a window box fan on med...Oh yeah, it blows air towards the floor.

drbassman:
Thanks Shadow, I'm definitely gonna make one of those for my shop.  Also going to invest in a room dust collector to hang on the ceiling too.  Just too much dust in there!

shadowcastaz:
Id make the one like I did 1st. I found that along with shop vac attached to my sanders and my chip collector, leaving this  on in a  corner  take care of all the dust in my shop. I built it for a dust collector and ended up using it for a sanding station a few years later. I keep mine in mid shop against  a lolly column(sp)

drbassman:

--- Quote from: shadowcastaz on February 21, 2009, 07:26:10 AM ---Id make the one like I did 1st. I found that along with shop vac attached to my sanders and my chip collector, leaving this  on in a  corner  take care of all the dust in my shop. I built it for a dust collector and ended up using it for a sanding station a few years later. I keep mine in mid shop against  a lolly column(sp)

--- End quote ---

That's great, dual usage, I love it!  Thanks.

drbassman:
Hey Mike, what's the cfm rating on your blower?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version