Author Topic: Let's see your rig!  (Read 224262 times)

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
Re: Let's see your rig!
« Reply #600 on: September 12, 2020, 10:13:17 AM »
There's an epic thread on Talkbass about tube rolling Liners .
https://www.talkbass.com/threads/genz-benz-streamliner-tube-rolling.796088/#post-11294670
Never noticed any lack of treble but I usually aim for an old school thump .

Unless it has dramatically improved in the past few years, Talkbass is hardly a reliable reference for technical info on tubes. Years ago it was a valuable resource and then they started their pay to play posting for advertisers and the shills took over completely.

Completely unrelated, for you big Bergie fans, Bergantino has discontinued the NV412 and is blowing them out factory direct. I'd love to have one but finances and room don't allow for it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 07:10:50 AM by Psycho Bass Guy »

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 13, 2020, 12:52:23 AM »
There's an epic thread on Talkbass about tube rolling Liners .
https://www.talkbass.com/threads/genz-benz-streamliner-tube-rolling.796088/#post-11294670
Never noticed any lack of treble but I usually aim for an old school thump .

I usually try to avoid promoting my business on this forum,
but feel free to pm me tube questions. If anyone from LBO is looking for exotic preamp tubes to try out, I stock most thinkable types NOS and current production. Most business to business but of course I ship to LBO'ers anytime.

And I'm not offended if Dave removes this post :)

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 13, 2020, 06:07:14 AM »
Bergantino has discontinued so many gorgeous cabs in their efforts to improve and streamline the product line .

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 21, 2020, 09:16:15 AM »
Two different gigs last weekend , Friday , with some old friends that were a house band for years . Two guitar players , that can get a little loud . Jump , swing , surf , and some odd instrumentals ( killer version of Goldfinger) used my Forte with both cabs . Berg HDN 112 and 210 . Mid sized room , not in the PA . It was deadly .
For the Sunday jam I decided to try out my little GK MB 200 . Bought it a couple of years ago to use as a rehearsal amp , had never dragged it out for a gig . Blues jam , same room . Keyboard , horns , guitar , harp , but not excessively loud . Just ran the GK with the Berg112 and it filled the room . I had never turned it up to room volume . Sounded surprisingly good . Was using a Dano Longhorn with ancient (original) strings and my DC Jr . The Dano thumped , the Jr sounded rich .
My old GenzBenz might be back in time for the jam next week , if it is I'll be giving it a go . Providing things are open , Hurricane Teddy is expected here sometime Wednesday morning ...

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 16, 2020, 10:55:50 AM »
Ok, not my rig - but a mean rig nonetheless! This came in for repair, in original orange textile covers for both head and cab!
AP100's are rare enough but this one takes the cake. Made between '69 and '73, this one was bought in '70 according to the
original owner. It has less dirt than a Marshall Superbass (my go to tube bass amp) but a bit more personality than an SVT.
4xKT88 and very similar in design to Major's. Original Partridge transformers and Fane Speakers. Took a mudbucker like a champ!
Wow! Just sooo happy to cross paths with this one. Now, back to crackling Bluer Jr's.......:(

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #605 on: October 16, 2020, 12:02:47 PM »
nice
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 16, 2020, 12:33:21 PM »
I like the Batman-Pow on the faceplate. I've never seen that before on the Simms Watt amps but the early ones apparently have that print.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 17, 2020, 06:13:18 AM »
He used to have a shop near me in the 70's... not really that far from where Dave Reeves had his setup too...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 17, 2020, 07:14:01 AM »
Wow ! I had to do a little digging to read about the company .
None of their gear landed around Nova Scotia .
Fascinating !

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 18, 2020, 04:38:44 PM »
Never saw them in the US either.

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 18, 2020, 11:48:23 AM »
We spend much our time looking after my mother-in-law , so I've been granted a little space to establish a man cave to practice in . At the time being I've got five basses and two amps set up . There's a Ric 4000 , a DC Jr (might be my favourite bass) , an Eastwood Classic IV , a Unicorn and a uke bass . There's also an upright upstairs .

Bubbalou88

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 24, 2022, 05:51:44 AM »
http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=71fe2139a887ad501313cd8cce3053c5&subId=7104543&u=https%3A//i.imgur.com/LPzDCBA.jpg

2  - 15” cabs one with Eminence Kappalite 3015
and other a FaitalPro 15PR400
a Midrange horn I built several years ago but thanks to the FaitalPro not needed any more.
Also , Mesa Boogie TT-800 800watt RMS

CEO of Retired

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 24, 2022, 06:36:16 AM »
Some serious thump there .

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 23, 2023, 01:35:56 PM »
Still keep the practice corner at the in-law’s , and it changes all the time. At the moment there’s a Gretsch baritone and a Squier Bass VI for goofing around. That little Gibson Jr bass I love , and a recent acquisition , a UniVox HiFlier. I usually put a limit of 4or5 instruments there.
There’s a Hotone Thunder bass , a little 5watt head I like to use with headphones , it has a mini aux in for a tablet. I have a pile of material to memorize right now. There’s a Darkglass e500 with a PhilJones C2. The Darkglass is programable , there are about 22 pedals and effects in the software suite. Fun to spin the knobs. The C2 is a nice low volume cab , not really suitable for gigs , but I use it every day.  And the Monique preamp paired with an ancient GK MB150. There’s also an older SWR HeadLite not in the frame that I want to test with Monique. Monique is subtle at low volume but very present. At room volume she’s a game changer.