Author Topic: Preliminary Fender NAMM News  (Read 7113 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Preliminary Fender NAMM News
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 01:55:27 PM »
Fender doesn't announce real new basses. It's a pity. Some new signatures could be nice.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: Preliminary Fender NAMM News
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 04:45:17 PM »
 You guys know I'm a Gibson player always have been always will be .......................but every bassist need s at least one Fender in the stable. I love the fact that Fender makes so many Variations on two bass platforms ! If only Gibson did that ! I just bought a '08 AS Jazz and while I am still trying to figure it out I have to say it is a beautiful bass, very well made, fit and finish are excellent. The two things I don't like are the stiffing rods in the neck and the pick ups. The rods in the neck I think deaden some of the bases natural resonance, but I can be pretty sure this neck won't need constant attention like my vintage bases. J pups never were my cup of tea and these are no exception, I installed a Seymour Duncan Hot for Jazz pickup in the neck position and guess what ? I'm really starting to dig this bass.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 04:54:38 PM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird