Author Topic: Bassplayers who were a Key influence on your playing.  (Read 15504 times)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
Re: Bassplayers who were a Key influence on your playing.
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2010, 05:43:43 PM »
Interesting front pup on that Jazz.
Digresion our specialty!

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2010, 06:45:23 PM »
I fist saw Jack Cornell playing with The Fabulous Knobs back in 1981.  From that moment on, I knew I wanted to play bass.  I've followed him through stints with The Woodpeckers (with Dan Baird), The Woods, and The Olympic Ass-Kickin' Team.  He taught me that you have to have a solid rhythm section to make a song work, but it helps to have a good groove as well...

GREAT player who deserves more recognition..
www.myspace.com/olympicasskickinteam 

A couple of weeks ago I had a friendly email exchange with Jack when he responded to my Craigslist post looking for '60s Thunderbird pickups. I knew it was a loooooong shot, but what the hell. He emailed me, wished me luck and we discussed NR T-birds for a little while. He's having a local luthier make one for him with Lull pups, so I sent him a pic of my BaCH TH-2. He liked it a lot and offered me a chance to try out his NR when it's done. I'm going to have to check it out. And yeah, Badger, Olympic Asskicking Team is a great band and Jack rocks that LP bass!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Pekka

• View Profile
    • Riverdog Samson
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2010, 12:29:05 AM »
Interesting front pup on that Jazz.

Yeah, it's a mudbucker. It also has a P-pickup in place of the front Jazz PU and did I mention that I'd love to know how it was wired? Probably stereo (check out the following from 1:22 onwards)