Author Topic: 1964 THUNDERBIRD II ON D'BAY WAS A SCAM I BELIEVE  (Read 957 times)

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
1964 THUNDERBIRD II ON D'BAY WAS A SCAM I BELIEVE
« on: January 10, 2009, 09:27:44 AM »
YESTERDAY ON D'BAY I SAW THAT REPAIRED 64 THUNDERBIRD II  AND ON IT WAS  THE PERSON'S EMAIL STATING IN THE LISTING THAT THERE WAS A BUY IT NOW FOR $1300.00. I EMAILED THEM AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS REMOVED BY THE SELLER BUT SOMETHING WAS FISHY. I CHECKED THE COMPLETED LISTINGS AND IT WAS NOT THERE, HOWEVER, IT HAD SOLD A FEW WEEKS AGO FOR ABOUT $3,000.00. BEWARE. IF IT ISN'T ON THE AUCTION, BEWARE. THE GUY STATED HIS NAME WAS PAUL WHITE AND HIS EMAIL IS taraf07@gmail.com. THE GMAIL THING GOT ME THINKING. HE SENT ME THE EXACT SAME PHOTOS AS IN THE ORIGINAL AUCTION BUT WASN'T ABLE TO ANSWER SOME OBVIOUS QUESTIONS, LIKE, "WAS THE HEADSTOCK BROKE," ETC. WATCH OUT!!! IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS A SCAM!! :o

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Re: 1964 THUNDERBIRD II ON D'BAY WAS A SCAM I BELIEVE
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 11:46:26 AM »
The guy that originally sold this told me that it went to France, so as i thought, it was a scammer. Any place that I can report them??

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 10:27:52 PM »
That happened not very long ago with a 60's Bird and a Buzzard bass. Both were $1300 BIN and both were cancelled and not in the completed listings. I had tried to find the Bird auction and when it was missing I searched complete auctions. The pic's for both basses had come from other auctions that had ended about a month earlier.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 07:22:52 AM »
That's pretty much what happened here. I just wanted to warn all of us!!

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 07:43:48 AM »
He sent me the old pictures too, and I figured it might be a hoax at $1300 BIN.  I just decided not to pursue it.  I wasn't sure though, so thanks for the tip.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 11:55:03 AM »
Your welcome. That was just way too low for a 60's bird, even a broken one.