Author Topic: 70's Hiwatt DR201 from Slades Back Line !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 15886 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
 I play Thunderbirds for the most part but have a soft spot for EB3s and such, it is only recently I have even begun to appriciate Fenders.  :o
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
I found a really blury photo of myself playing a precision at a soundcheck for a friends band in '76 - freaked out the bassist (his instrument) when I started blasting out the intro to "Whippin' Post", started screaming about his frets, poor little lovey... I did own a Jazz copy for a while during 1983, can't remember the make and have no pic of it that I remember - crazy story... I was running late for a rehearsal and had to go straight to the studio, no amp or instrument, remembering that they also sold stuff and there was this natural finish maho fixed neck 2 pup rear fitted switches, etc with no scratch plate - played well, so I bought it, there and then - had it for about 6 months... sorta regret selling it...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
 My Band Johnny Smoke plays three ACG songs No More Mister Nice Guy (my fav), Eighteen and Schools Out. I'd love to try BDB or Under My Wheels.
Gotta agree with you... DD and Neal Smith were a major influence - Love It To Death, in fact... I bought Muscle on the day of release and track 2 was the first thing I definitively remember hearing stereo sound separtion that worked, BDB was my first tape and I wore that sucker out in no time at all - I know you play a F*nd*r and latterly DD played a Jazz, but the EB3L was always an early love - just never managed to find one when cash was around... one day... one day...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 07:10:05 AM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
under my wheels is fun to play on the bass.those chords are cool!(nice and crunchy)we learnt im 18 also to play at my 50th birthday party.in fact the setlist read like a whos who of my favourite bass players..no hiwatt though :-[i made do with a jansen 75 (70s nz valve amp)through a power soak into a 500w power amp.the earth did tremble.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 01:31:07 PM by tubehead »
Louder bass!.

lowend1

• View Profile
He still plays the same Jazz Basses from the Cooper days. The green Gibson (Frog Bass) is in the R&R HOF, as I recall.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Highlander

• View Profile
We may drop "Is It My Body" back into the set for our next gig... used to play it when we played back in the 80's... that's a nice bass run, too...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Glad to hear there is to be another gig !

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: 70's Hiwatt DR201 from Slades Back Line ! Gig pics !
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2009, 04:46:17 PM »
 Here she is in my back line now hardly seems fitting

doombass

• View Profile
That's an intimidating rig Scott. Those Marshall cabs are great too!

Highlander

• View Profile
Now you're just showing off...  :mrgreen:

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Congratulations Scott~ You are truly making THUNDER now!!

Highlander

• View Profile
Well, has the rig gigged yet...?

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
Great thread guys. I would love to have a crack with some of those Orange/Hiwatt/Marshall/Sound City heads.  Never really had an opportunity to do so.

I love Slade and the ACB Seen them both once each.
You are one lucky Bastard Scott. Good luck to ya mate.  :)
Digresion our specialty!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Well, has the rig gigged yet...?
Yes Ken the other weekend, she goes out again to night ! This is one great sounding amp ! One of the Slade mods on the amp is a direct line out, all that glorious Hiwatt tone goes straight to the board ! no more aruguing with the sound man about using his crapy DI that sucks tone off my bass  ;D

lowend1

• View Profile
Just got my "74 Orange 120 back from Andy Fuchs after a reasonably extensive "return to stock" de-modding. It sounds awesome for bass or the "other" stringed instrument. Now I just need an Orange cab to go with it... :rolleyes:
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter