Author Topic: And you thought you had seen the worst ...  (Read 4172 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Re: And you thought you had seen the worst ...
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 05:32:37 AM »
You know with a little love some Elmers and a sheet of plywood and varnish remover and a couple hundred manhours you could have a nice bass.

True and if anyone wants to buy it I will give you the ripper body carcass I cut the neck from, just pay the shipping

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 01:24:59 PM »
True and if anyone wants to buy it I will give you the ripper body carcass I cut the neck from, just pay the shipping

There you go starting trouble again, giving away bodies!

hollowbody

• Been working in the Kremlin with a two headed dog.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2008, 10:42:27 PM »
How's this for unappetizing?  :o

amimbari

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 08:25:50 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^

;D

I SO love the 80's

At least they picked on all the guitars equally ............... :puke:
AND DEVO had Jerry Casale a lefthanded bassplayer...too bad DEVO didnt hire an upside-down lefty player ( like me ).. I would have METAL'ed up ALL their punk ( or is it PUKE ) songs, and they may still have been popular 20 years later  :P

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 09:38:51 AM »
Devo is new wave, not punk. I'd say their best known songs are still popular roughly 30 years later. Not many groups can say that. And they still draw good crowds.

amimbari

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 09:43:33 AM »
Devo is new wave, not punk. I'd say their best known songs are still popular roughly 30 years later. Not many groups can say that. And they still draw good crowds.
ok Dave, maybe I was a little harsh/off in the description of their music, or I should have said IMO "puke"...etc

forgive the misrepresentation of devo's music that certain people still enjoy listening to. ( i'm not one of them )

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 09:49:09 AM »
Oh, that's okay, no need to apologize for your taste. I like Devo, never a huge fan though. I never get bothered when somebody else's musical taste is different from mine.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 09:54:01 AM »

Love it or hate it............I'll be playing "Whip it" tonight for N.Y.E., it never fails to please  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

amimbari

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 10:26:16 AM »
Love it or hate it............I'll be playing "Whip it" tonight for N.Y.E., it never fails to please  ;)
have a blast tonight Mark, maybe your singer will "crack that whip" on you and give you REAL ROSY CHEEKS  ;)....

this is the first year in 3 years I am not doing a show. Our singer had an anyurism earlier this month, ( bloodvessel rupture in the brain ) and although he did not have a typical stroke associated with it, and is doing very well, he is not up for anything for a good month still.

HELL YA, me and my family alone on NYE  --what will I do...what will I do... can you say "a drug of choice evening"?

nofi

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 01:40:28 PM »
if you have seen devo or any live clips it's clear thay need no one's help to rock.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2008, 01:59:26 PM »
if you have seen devo or any live clips it's clear thay need no one's help to rock.

They're really cool live! I still remember the first time I saw them on SNL, I was kinda shocked, the looked and sounded so different (think not Foghat!) than what I was hearing on FM radio here at the time.   
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2008, 02:15:04 PM »
They're really cool live! I still remember the first time I saw them on SNL, I was kinda shocked, the looked and sounded so different (think not Foghat!)
No picking on Foghat! >:(
I wore out the live album...
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

n!k

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2009, 12:51:40 PM »
Devo is most certainly a punk band! Listen to their words / material and their aesthetic concept and tell me they weren't capturing that spirit! Of course this was before the word "punk" came to mean a very particular costume and musical style.
Half-speed Hawkwind

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2009, 02:07:09 PM »
Devo is most certainly a punk band!

Gibsons and Minimoogs make me a happy chromeling  :)

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2009, 06:52:46 PM »
Whatevar. Devo's earliest stuff predated punk and new wave. Nobody I knew at the time ever considered them a punk rock band. But thanks to historical revisionism, the Stooges and Dolls are now considered punk and I've seen some 60s garage band music referred to as punk. Hell, you could edit Wikipedia and make Frank Sinatra the first punk rocker.