Author Topic: Where to buy and sell now?  (Read 1265 times)

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
Where to buy and sell now?
« on: December 03, 2008, 08:57:46 AM »
One of the things I miss about the old Pit is the sense that I could trust people there... I bought and sold a fair amount of my gear there.
But I kind of lost interest after the various site moves and drama explosions.

Where do you guys go now?  I'd kinda like to not resort to Ebay or Craigslist.
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Where to buy and sell now?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 10:25:46 AM »
You can post it here in the Bass Zone or in one of the brand boards. The downside is that the viewing audience is so small relative to eBay. OTOH, all you need is one buyer.

rockinrayduke

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 06:06:33 PM »
That's one thing I miss about the ol' Dudepit. I went through so many basses.  ;)

PWV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 07:50:33 PM »
I picked up some bad spending habits at the Dudepit.  (Now the only thread I'll read at Talkbass is gear for sale).  ;)

bobyoung

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 03:23:06 PM »
I've had pretty good luck with ebay over the years, you just need to ask the right questions and read between the lines of questionable seller's answers, is easy to tell if they're holding back on something.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 08:27:16 PM »
So true. And yet after reading threads on various forums over the years, it still amazes me how many people will deliberately put on blinders to obvious warning signs. They see what they want to see.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 05:15:51 AM »
I have only bought one bass from the pit and is my favorite passive bass since them.

There are just not enough people here for a good GAS flow of products. Good people that you can trust here, but not a lot of turn over, although if you hang around long enough Dr Bassman sheds projects from time to time.