Author Topic: Fenderbird/BaCHbird  (Read 8515 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Fenderbird/BaCHbird
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2008, 11:33:16 PM »

"Unforseeable Fuicha"   :D   my fave

Ya just gotta love the names they rejected, some for obvious reasons, others well....

Catch Me Copper, Fisher Body Rust  :thumbsup:

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2008, 12:09:41 AM »
I've heard that Mopar story about rejected colors but I think it's an urban legend. Those names really came from an Eagle Shirtmakers contest that ran in the WSJ and in business sections of local papers in the early 60s (IIRC). Dress shirts in colors were pretty new on the market and the contest was their way of promoting the idea. They got loads of great entries. I remember Noblesso Beige, Impenetrable Maize, Civil War Buff, Come and Get Me Copper, Strip Ochre...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2008, 05:10:48 AM »

If you go too vibrant of a pink it will look 80's. I think a pastel would be better suited to a Tbird (50's colors look great on birds )

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2008, 05:31:40 AM »
I've heard that Mopar story about rejected colors but I think it's an urban legend. Those names really came from an Eagle Shirtmakers contest that ran in the WSJ and in business sections of local papers in the early 60s (IIRC). Dress shirts in colors were pretty new on the market and the contest was their way of promoting the idea. They got loads of great entries. I remember Noblesso Beige, Impenetrable Maize, Civil War Buff, Come and Get Me Copper, Strip Ochre...

I don't know if those were actual color submissions either, but "Fisher Body Rust" is certainly aimed at the automotive market - and you probably wouldn't want it for a GM product.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2008, 05:57:56 AM »

If you go too vibrant of a pink it will look 80's. I think a pastel would be better suited to a Tbird (50's colors look great on birds )

John has a point. I think the color in the picture would look great on your bass Mark.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2008, 06:03:41 AM »
57 thunderbird Dusk Rose Pink

I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

PWV

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2008, 08:45:33 AM »

This guy does some neat stuff - but unfortunately, he's not taking any work for awhile
http://www.tdlguitars.com/Paint_Prices.html

Hey, I like this one - hoping my Fenderbird turns out something like it:

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2008, 09:55:30 AM »
Interesting. I never knew they had different names for Dodge and Plymouth colors. I also assumed that Hemi orange and Gomango were the same. Sorry, Ford guy here!

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2008, 10:02:12 AM »
 Ahhh............... but I'm really a late 60's child so the flashy car colors are really what I like, if I didn't already have a purple 'Bird I'd be painting this one Plum Crazy. The pastel shades look a bit 50's retro to me - probably okay for some, but I want this thing to be just about as flambouyant as me when I'm onstage. :gay:
And speaking of Ford........That Rootbeer Brown Metallic they used on late 60's Mustangs.........Nice!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2008, 11:08:36 AM »
Sorry, Ford guy here!
[/quote

No kidding, eh? Can't tell from your handle! ;D
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

PWV

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2008, 06:05:05 PM »
I'm picking up my Fenderbird from Mike on SATURDAY!   Ya-frickin-whoooo!

Here's a preview of the finish:

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2008, 07:01:14 PM »

Friggin' awesome Dave!   :thumbsup:

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2008, 07:24:06 PM »
Very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2008, 01:21:15 AM »
it looks very cool! I have to say it's not entirely my taste, but I'm honoured you used the Dutch flag.

Blazer

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2008, 04:30:26 AM »
it looks very cool! I have to say it's not entirely my taste, but I'm honoured you used the Dutch flag.

SPARKLY!  :gay:

Cool looking bass.

Mike Lull, if only you guys knew the dutch word "Lul" and what it means, which is the reason we dutchmen are always snickering when Mike Lull's name is mentioned.

Same with Bonnie Raitt, I very much doubt that people outside the Netherlands (well maybe in Belgium) know what the word "Reet" means but you pronounce it the same way.