Author Topic: Fenderbird/BaCHbird  (Read 8513 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Fenderbird/BaCHbird
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2008, 10:14:51 AM »

Well.........No, I'm not related to The Dude  ;)

Sorry all, once again for the shocking image of my geekly self  :-[

As it stands right now mine will likely be a little bit custom from what would be considered a "stock" bass.
Mine will have a maho neck with a rosewood fretboard and I'm really thinking about having block inlays, at this point I'm leaning towards Metallic Orange.....but a shade of Pink would be cool too.
And if it's possible I'll use Scott's bridge on mine  :thumbsup:
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 10:19:57 AM »
The bass is impressive, but the guy holding it leaves me speechless!

The smile gives you away, Mark, and please: Start to eat properly again!

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 02:21:32 PM »
Wow!  Can't wait to see the single pickup version.  Are you getting a mahogany or maple neck on yours? 

Is Lull (or Hipshot) possibly going to offer that bridge/TP as spares as well?  I don't know what the BaCH's hardware will be like, and it was cool they went out of their way to mimic the TB bridge, but I'd bet that Hipshot is a lot nicer piece.

I think that bridge is already available thru Godofthunder (Scott).  I'm waiting for 10 more tail pieces too,if they ever get finished.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

PWV

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 02:25:36 PM »
Cool news Mark - I'm glad its out there for the public now!  When we talked last month, I was anxious to hear more.  It looks awesome.

Don't 'spose you saw my F-bird up there when you were there?   *And I'll always wonder if my Fenderbird didn't contribute to the inspiration part of the process - heh! *

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 02:49:14 PM »
Hey Dave,

I looked around for it but it wan't there  :-\
I think we both have had some influence on Mike, but really he loves Thunderbirds - he's owned about 20, all from the 60's.
For you guys asking about the bridge, I'd sure suggest Scott's bridge and Bill's tailpiece they're both available right now.......And I'm really gonna try to convince Mike to use Scott's bridge. 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 03:42:43 PM by TBird1958 »
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 02:54:45 PM »
Metallic orange sounds cool. You can get some cool ones from the automotive paint place House Of Kolor

http://www.houseofkolor.com/

Expensive paint though

Maybe a metallic orange /yellow pearl like this?

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 02:58:07 PM »

Yup!

That or something Pink.......... ;)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 02:58:52 PM »
Maybe a Hello Kitty T bird?

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2008, 03:08:08 PM »

Well, not Hello Kitty pink..................Metallic Pink or that Mopar color called  Gomango.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 03:30:09 PM »

Well, not Hello Kitty pink..................Metallic Pink or that Mopar color called  Gomango.

Gomango is orange. They did have Panther Pink though.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 03:33:28 PM »

Can I have the car too?!........

Man that's cool.......

I need to look at samples tomorrow or wednesday, I'm confused  :-\

PWV

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2008, 07:36:02 PM »
That color bass would look good on you Mark!  And that's a good thing my F-bird wasn't there, it should be coming back from the finisher any day now...man, I can't wait to see more of Mike's finished Birds - watch out NAMM!  8)

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2008, 07:36:24 PM »

For you guys asking about the bridge, I'd sure suggest Scott's bridge and Bill's tailpiece they're both available right now.......And I'm really gonna try to convince Mike to use Scott's bridge. 

I'm sure we could provide them at a reasonable cost if we're talking more than a couple!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2008, 08:35:32 PM »
 Oh yeah panther pink ! Yep that would be cool ! Like the orange to. One of each maybe ? I had a Stingray bike when I was a kid it was metalic grape ! (it was at that time my dad knew he had a problem on his hands, ex WW II Marine, purple ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you want a purple bike ? well it was the 60's) Always wanted a bass that color. I have to say thanks to Mark, he is lobbying  to get Mike to use my bridges, keeping my fingers crossed but  I just appriciate the thought ! How ever it pans out it looks like we are going to get a real Thunderbird !  Not to mention nice pups for projects !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 11:14:01 PM »
Is somebody talking Mopar?
Panther Pink was the Dodge color - Plymouth called it Moulin Rouge.
http://www.mopar1.us/highimpact.html

This guy does some neat stuff - but unfortunately, he's not taking any work for awhile
http://www.tdlguitars.com/Paint_Prices.html
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter