Author Topic: What it is?  (Read 2101 times)

Dr. Aquafresh

• View Profile
What it is?
« on: October 30, 2008, 02:12:13 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking for a few days...what a great forum.

T-bird 1958 helped me out with a Gibson question on another forum, and recommended this place, thanks for having me.

Just thought I should introduce myself before I go to posting on a bunch of established threads like some kind of FNG!

I am currently play bass with a Colorado rock band called Hawk Attack, if you want to check us out please stop by our myspace page... www.myspace.com/hawkandroll

I also have a page I call the Bass Alliance of Colorado, some of you may already be members... I know T-bird is.

I attended Roberto-Venn in 1989 and I love all the great project pages you have going.

Thanks again for having me... I guess you could say that the doctor is in!
(Man that sounds dorky... ;D )

Later

Bring on the Nubiles

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: What it is?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 02:35:13 PM »
Yes but is the Dr. Real In ? That's the question  ;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 02:41:46 PM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 02:48:15 PM »
Welcome to the nut-house!! :mrgreen:
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 02:54:19 PM »
hell-o.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 03:03:53 PM »

Welcome to our little assylum...... ;)

Being knowlegdable of WWII, Gibson basses and certain "other" things as well as a sense of humor will serve you well. Where's a pic of the LP?
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 03:23:10 PM »
Speaking of... I must admit that I'm very thankful to be in the presence of so many doctors.  I never get this level of treatment with my HMO - and the nurse practitioner has such huge hands!

Welcome!!   ;D

Dr. Aquafresh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 03:38:37 PM »
Pics of the Les Paul bass?

If you can believe it I haven't taken any yet! I'm going to play it this weekend so I'll snap a bunch then.

WWII? My grandfather was on a B-17...

My history degree was tailored to include more 20th century violence than anything else. Later I worked for Soldier Of Fortune magazine... not a lot of WWII vets running around the office then, mostly Vietnam through Desert Storm.

Never did fly a plane but I have blasted, kicked and shot down doors, engaged steal targets with a rifle at up to 700 meters and had a great time doing it all for the sake of bad front line journalism.

Bring on the Nubiles

Dr. Aquafresh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 03:39:46 PM »
Crap! the red X

now I have to read how to post pictures... FNG!
Bring on the Nubiles

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 04:16:53 PM »
Welcome aboard.

If you have externally hosted images that allow remote linking, you can just copy and paste their IMG URLs into your post.

Or you can use the Insert Image button and use the direct URL of the photo. Like this, from your MySpace page.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 05:29:34 PM »

At some point I'd enjoy hearing about your grandfather and the B-17, I've always enjoyed WWII history and especially the aircraft and men that flew (on both sides) them.  Show us the Les Paul soon and post that question too..........My memory is short :-[
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 06:02:13 PM »
Ze Doctor is in? This is not yet again another thread about anal sex, is it? The unsavory subject has been infisting and -festing this site, spawned by the usual perpe- and penetrators.

B-17 Granddaddies are an always welcome subject here though. And while I can't offer the traditional welcoming bursts of German Flak, I can cry a hearty "Willkommen!"
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 07:12:33 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 06:10:40 PM »
PS: Les Paul bass you say? What kind: Junior, Recording, Triumph, Special, DeLuxe, Standard or Doublecut?
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 01:04:05 AM »
Of course there aren't many well known Dutch words in the world, (However the word 'fietsendief' is well known in Germany) but 'apartheid' is one of them. If I'm correct there aren't many very well know German words getting used around the world either, but I guess 'flak' certainly is one.

BTW: Tempelhof is closed and the last flights were done by a DC-3 and a JU52. Any thoughts about that, Uwe? 

And welcome Doctor!!

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 04:39:14 AM »
Where is Dr Fine & Dr Howard?

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 11:31:40 AM »
Paging Dr. Howard, Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine!

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."