Author Topic: Scott's Thunderbird Garage is now open  (Read 3326 times)

rockinrayduke

Re: Scott's Thunderbird Garage is now open
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 01:48:16 PM »
Insert Quote
i want a new bass that makes me look 40 pounds lighter, gets me laid a lot more and doesn't let me go off key.

Sign me up for that please. Getting to where even the Casady's not hiding this gut.  :mrgreen:

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 10:29:11 AM »
scotty,

in all seriousness i want a NR so bad i can taste it and you do impeccable work.

i'm just strapped with the two other projects, but i will say i am impressed so much i am considering doing project #4 a NR instead of an explorer body.

wish you all the luck in the world kicking your business off the ground.

bill
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 01:06:25 PM »
 PG material ordered today !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 06:49:15 PM »
Hey Scott, great idea! I'll take a body for my Fenderbird project. I'll PM you with specs!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

OVERDRIVEN66

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 03:33:57 PM »
Scott, Let me know if you need any covers ahead of time and I'll have them ready.  It takes a couple of weeks to make them if I'm out of stock. The basses look great, I'd be proud to be associated with the project.
Former touring professional. 60's T-Birds 300 days a year on the road with an SVT. Bliss!!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 03:52:21 PM »
Thanks so much guys, really the support of this board means much to me. I was talking to Bill (drbassman) today and I have compiled a list and contact info of us tbird nuts who have made aftermarket parts for Thunderbirds. Anyone who wants a copy can have it. Five years ago restoring a vintage Tbird was a tall order now with forums like the TLBO ( thanks to Dave and Uwe for a home!)  bringing a bird back to life is possible. New builds are a bonus ! Entwistle inspired F-birds create a whole new market for our parts. The inter net can be a cool thing !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Blazer

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 05:04:58 PM »
Could you do a Fenderbird NR guitarbody?

I always wanted to have a NR Firebird/Stratocaster hybrid with a vintage style vibrato and three single coil pickups in dakota red.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 02:26:09 AM »
I'll put in an order for that ultimative Jim Lea commemorative SG bass you're gonna build one day!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...