Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

1976 Gibson Thunderbird decal with serial number for sale

(1/1)

Bionic-Joe:
I have a real authentic decal for a bicenntennial bird. It was listed last night and pulled off this morning. It had a starting bid of $125.00 and BIN for $250.00. Anybody know why this was pulled??? It's not a fake.

Dave W:
If Gibson thought it was a fake and asked eBay to pull it, that would probably have been enough. Or, you never know, they might know it's real but claim a trademark violation anyway since a buyer would be putting it on a different bass than the one it belonged to.

Can't you contact eBay about it?

chromium:
I'm wondering if Ebay might be automatically parsing the text of auctions looking for key words like "decal", "label", etc... and taking corrective action automatically(?)

I had an auction pulled almost instantly when I listed my old Ibanez jazz bass clone.  It happened so fast I just felt it was unlikely that it was due to someone reporting it, but who knows.

I did some word-smithing of the description and blurred out any offending trademarked logos in the photos, relisted, and the auction ended up running its course just fine.  In my case, my initial auction did actually violate their rules, as I spoke a little too openly about what was on the headstock and bridge cover - not wanting anything to be misrepresented.  I just ate the fees for relisting it since I was in the wrong.

Dave's hunch could also be correct.  Given the verbiage in what they sent me, they didn't seem too anxious to get into any grey areas.

In your case, I would contact them to try and seek a credit for the auction they pulled.

Bionic-Joe:
I see what you mean. They are IMPOSSIBLE in terms of  getting a hold of a real person to speak with. I am going to relist it and watch the wording. Thanks for the advice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version