Author Topic: Player '67-'68 EBO-3 snagged off ebay  (Read 8936 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
Re: Player '67-'68 EBO-3 snagged off ebay
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2008, 06:15:36 AM »
sorry to hear about the frets on that bass scott.

for what its worth i too have some work on my Epi. it needs setup, the action is too high and the truss rod needs adjusted as it has a slight neck bow. not much but its there.  i might have to level the frets a little = i will see.

i guess misery loves company. if i have to take it to a repairman i will have that old pup put in while its there. almost no neck angle and it reminds me of an "F" word slab sided bish.

hope you can get some satisfaction from the seller so good luck. maybe God in his benevolence will smile on us, bring the sun out tomorrow and we might get laid one more time before we die and go to mud heaven.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2008, 06:26:40 AM »
If I may mediate:

It was offered as a battleworn player and for a forty year old bass that has not been locked away noticeable fretwear is a fact of life. But worn right down to the fret board so even flatwounds wouldn't help?  :o Seller should contribute something to a refret I think. Not all, because the bass could reasonably not be expected to have virgin frets.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2008, 06:31:31 AM »
Of course I don't expect the frets to be virgin but the grooves in the frets are ground to the finger board in some spots, from the 5th to the 7th fret is a dead zone, notes won't sound period, not the defination of plays well in my book. I am a reasonable man if he makes a reasonable attempt then everything is cool.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 04:21:59 PM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2008, 08:33:07 AM »
If he said it "plays well" that's a direct representation about its playability, not about the electronics working. If he now says he was only referring to the electronics, that's bogus.

More important, if he failed to mention in the auction that there was very severe fret wear and it turns out that nine frets have grooves worn right down to the fingerboard, then it sure looks like he intended to deceive.

I'd insist he pay for repairs, whatever the cost, or take it back at his expense.