Main Forums > The Bass Zone

Just for fun: The most off key bass playing you've ever heard.

(1/5) > >>

Blazer:
Well then I guess we've all seen and heard some really off-key playing and I thought that it would be fun to share our moments of toenails curling upwards.

Now I'm a real admirer of the band Talk-Talk and their musicraft but their bass player should've stayed clear of anything fretless...

Don't shoot me for this but Rick Danko also should've stayed away from fretless basses, at least for the recording of this clip anyway.

gearHed289:
Man, that Talk Talk was painful! I love their stuff, but.... Maybe he was having an off night? :-\

And Danko - he should have stayed away from the bong!  ;D Seriously though, classic, rock, bass stylists shouldn't do instructional videos. Every one I've seen is embarrassing and hard to watch. They just never capture what it is about these guys that makes them so great.

Blazer:

--- Quote from: gearHed289 on September 28, 2008, 04:22:02 PM ---Man, that Talk Talk was painful! I love their stuff, but.... Maybe he was having an off night? :-\
--- End quote ---

I guess not...

Okay it's a given that two wrongs don't make a right. And I have a thing or two to say about Jack Bruce's fretless playing but when he teams up with Uli Jon Roth you get two guys with considerable technique and utterly atrocious intonation.

drbassman:
Wow, those clips are utterly aweful.  Now I don't feel so bad about my own playing!!!

leftybass:
Oh come on, the Talk Talk bassist wears his bass up under his chin, he must be good!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version