Author Topic: Crazy  (Read 289 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2024, 10:11:10 PM »
Ever meticulous Jackie (a jurist!) must be the only person on earth  :mrgreen: to apologize for lip syncing glitches - a lot of bands have a hoot doing it intentionally badly because they think it is so beneath them. ESPECIALLY bands that are strong live acts.

Watch Blackmore here at 04:55 ...

No comment necessary here ...

Sting forgot his bass and singing into the microphone ...

The brothers trade places, Noel pretends to sing lead, Liam pretends to play guitar ...

Alan Lancaster was very strung up during this particular TV performance - at 02:50 ...

« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 10:28:38 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2024, 05:33:12 AM »
Good lord, a Tripod site still exists!

Jackie has really opened up since her Jeopardy appearance. Maybe she realizes how many fans she still has. She's very active now on Facebook and interacts with her followers.

I was especially interested in what she said about her Thunderbird.  I hadn't known about that.  Of course there is a lot about the Runaways I may not be aware of.  But I definitely didn't know the story of the reasons why she quit, and her management not taking care of the gear, like the bass, etc. 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/the-classic-rock-plugg-on-instagram-jackie-fox-of-the-runaways-with-her-1965-gibson-thunderbird-bass-guita--134685845096603276/
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2024, 05:40:54 AM »
Muse decided to do this to their unsuspecting (and innocent) Italian audience.  It's kind of cruel.  Not really too funny to me except the drumming part looks so stupid, you can't help but laugh a little.  However, it must be added that Muse has let it be known how much they love Italy time and again.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 05:48:21 AM by westen44 »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2024, 05:53:34 AM »
Most Muse fans probably thought it hilarious and treasure the incident!  :mrgreen:

What a bunch of thieving magpies they are - I sure hope Billy Idol/Steve Stevens never got to hear that synth intro ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2024, 08:56:25 AM »
You had very tame tastes then, Tom, tsk, tsk, tsk ...  :-X

Linda, Debbie Harry, Stevie Nicks, and Ann Wilson were the ones.  :-*

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2024, 09:44:45 AM »
Most Muse fans probably thought it hilarious and treasure the incident!  :mrgreen:

What a bunch of thieving magpies they are - I sure hope Billy Idol/Steve Stevens never got to hear that synth intro ...

I sure wouldn't have noticed any connection between "White Wedding" and "Uprising."  But it looks like there is one.  In general, though, I think it can be said that Muse's music is creative and original.  There are some obvious influences, but about what you would expect with any band.

I'm sure a lot of Muse fans did like that video and I kind of did, too.  But I don't fit into the typical Muse fan boy paradigm.  I'm a fan, but not an obsessive one.  I could say the same about Hendrix fans in regard to their unhealthy obsession even though I'm a Hendrix fan, too.  I don't care, though, about the personal details of bands I listen to.  It's about the music.  Even when I decided to join a band for the first time, it was about the music, not the girls.  Music is a big deal (probably to every person here.) 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 08:52:06 PM by westen44 »

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2024, 12:52:55 PM »
Linda, Debbie Harry, Stevie Nicks, and Ann Wilson were the ones.  :-*

Older women than you then, Tom, but that's ok as long as you they don't get caught in the US!

I was kinda torn between Cherie, Jackie and Joan. Or Suzi Q, you couldn't always tell them apart, Joan and her.  :mrgreen:

But I understand the older women thing too, Tom, it's all good. It's hard to get a same age date if your record collection consists of only King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Yes and ELP.  :rimshot:

« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 12:58:32 PM by uwe »

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2024, 01:15:30 PM »
Speaking of Billy Idol...

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2024, 02:46:52 PM »
Was that just the guy who used to be in a band called London SS before it became Generation X?  :mrgreen:

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2024, 08:51:14 AM »
Was that just the guy who used to be in a band called London SS before it became Generation X?  :mrgreen:

When it comes to Billy Idol, I think a lot of Americans look at him mostly as a solo artist prominent in the early 1980s, especially on MTV.  His earlier background with bands is not very well known.  Whoever was promoting him as a solo artist in the U.S. did an excellent job. 

Even to this day, the exact meaning of the "White Wedding" video is a little unclear to me.  I've read about it, but have never seen a clear explanation.  I was once at a party or some kind of gathering.  A young woman there was talking to us about the song and seemed to have some inside info which she didn't feel completely free to discuss.  Whether she knew something valid or not, I'll never know.  I wanted to talk to her in private, but that would have been highly inappropriate in the setting we were in.  I was under the impression it might have something to do with sex, but was left wondering due to the circumstances.  She was obviously wanting to say more, but couldn't. 

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2024, 09:16:03 AM »
Not everything is about sex. There is also Rock’n’Roll. And, lest we forget, drugs.

"I've been away for so long
I let you go for so long

It's a nice day to start again
It's a nice day for a white wedding"

It’s user lingo for a cocaine relapse. And the chest-beating, yet darkly nihilist song fits the topic perfectly.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 09:22:55 AM by uwe »

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2024, 01:20:01 PM »
Not everything is about sex. There is also Rock’n’Roll. And, lest we forget, drugs.

"I've been away for so long
I let you go for so long

It's a nice day to start again
It's a nice day for a white wedding"

It’s user lingo for a cocaine relapse. And the chest-beating, yet darkly nihilist song fits the topic perfectly.

That very well could have been what she was talking about.  We were a separate group of young people and there was an older group not too far away the best I remember.  I can see why she wouldn't want to be talking about drugs.  I remember at the time I wasn't too concerned about not knowing the song's meaning.  I assumed I would surely find out soon enough.  I had absolutely no idea it wouldn't be until 2024. 

I went for years having no idea this song was about drugs.  Paul McCartney said the song was an ode to pot.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2024, 03:23:44 PM »
Paul's love for pot is kinda touching, through the decades he never grew out of it. He will be reincarnated  in Jamaica no doubt.

They've largely legalized it now in Germany,  as of this month.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2024, 07:24:56 PM »
I remember reading a story about the Beatles getting together to take LSD.  Peggy Lipton was the only girl there, something which annoyed John Lennon who was rude to her.  Paul McCartney, who ended up dating her for a few months, went into the bathroom with her and smoked pot.  Just one of several stories about pot which I'm sure could be told about Paul. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 10:21:12 PM by westen44 »

--Blaise Pascal