Author Topic: Maruszczyk  (Read 119 times)

ilan

• View Profile
Maruszczyk
« on: March 26, 2024, 12:23:29 AM »
So I've been toying with the Configurator app on their website and came up with this. Now I have GAS. Total should be €2,100, not cheap but not Alembic pricing, and I've never ordered a custom bass, it's always vintage stuff with me. The jury is still out.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Re: Maruszczyk
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 07:54:57 AM »
That is a fun configurator. A couple of years ago I had a 32'' scale, 5 string (high C) Frog spec-ed out, but I (gladly*) never went for it. Partly because I couldn't get myself to spent that kind of money on something I've never played or even seen in person. There's a very good local bass player that I know who is some sort of Maruszczyk distributor, but I never got far enough along to see what he could do on price.

*I bought a cheap Warwick 32'' 5er to experiment with this idea, and it never gained any traction for me.

Alanko

• View Profile
Re: Maruszczyk
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 09:37:22 AM »
I've spend many a fun half hour building basses on that configuration app.

I'm wary of getting something like this though; neither a true hand built custom instrument or a factory clone. At least in the UK, Maruszczyk were seriously popular around ten years ago. They were quite a bit cheaper then. A few guys on Basschat ordered them, then had buyer's regret. At that point the market determined that Maruszczyk aged like milk, as they lost a good chunk of their value instantly.