Author Topic: Seattle Thunderbird Club GTG  (Read 190 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Seattle Thunderbird Club GTG
« on: February 28, 2024, 12:08:55 PM »

For the past two years the Talkbass Thunderbird Group has had a fun informal GTG, they were both in Hollister, California with some activities in nearby Santa Cruz as well.
This year, the event travels north to Seattle and I'll be hosting it, dates will run between 7/25- 8/3. We plan to visit Seattle's better bass shops, including Mike & Mike's Guitar Bar, Emerald City Guitars and The Bass Shop. We'll also likely take a trip to Seattle's Museum of Flight for a tour through, it's a World Class place, even has a Hellcat and a Corsair on display. We'll have plenty of Thunderbirds (and a few other basses) to play at my home, most likely my bandmates will come over for an afternoon jam, so folks can play along with The Nasty Habits. There's lots of great food nearby so we'll eat and drink nicely. My home is just south of Seattle's SeaTac airport in lovely Des Moines, so it's pretty easy if you're flying in.
 Want more details? Please don't hesitate to drop me a note :)

Some pics from previous events.......

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Seattle Thunderbird Club GTG
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 06:25:14 PM »
"even has a Hellcat and a Corsair on display"

Errm, aren't they the same? On a clear day in Scotland you can't tell the difference.

That looks like a good group, so you're doing cultural work now?!

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Seattle Thunderbird Club GTG
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 08:48:09 AM »

It started as a bit of a lark, there was a bit of casual discussion about getting together about two years ago, Frank and I decided it would be a fun kind of Banzai Road Trip and committed to going. One guy flew out from New York and few guys closer to the area made it as well, we all brought some basses and there were several rigs to use, and had a lot fun with it. We all got to know each other a little too, the social aspect was great, real friendships were made. The second year was even better, we had the run of a music store in Santa Cruz for the whole day and a show at a local winery featuring one of our guys the next. The evening at the restaurant was just a perfect "California" experience with some very nice people.
 So, this year it's in Seattle and you're welcome to attend, we'll have several days of fun stuff to do!

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...