Author Topic: Bobby Tench RIP  (Read 180 times)

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Bobby Tench RIP
« on: February 21, 2024, 06:53:22 AM »
Bobby Tench has passed away at age 79.
The list of artists he worked with is endless. (Jeff Beck, Humble Pie, Van Morrison, Freddie King, Streetcrawler, Hummingbird, et cetera)
Great singer (and guitarist).

In 1986 he recorded a version of Still In Love With You as a tribute to Philip Lynott who had just passed away.
Brian Robertson played guitar (and keyboard) on this single.
It 's bit of a mix between the original 1974 version (with Frankie Miller on guest vocal) and the legendary live version form Live & Dangerous.

Today I learned that he was also a member of "The New Thin Lizzy" in 1991/1992. With original TL members Brian Robertson and Brian Downey.
They toured Ireland in 1992.
I had never heard of that line-up until today. And I thought I knew everything about Thin Lizzy ;-)

RIP Bobby Tench

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby Tench RIP
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 08:25:56 AM »
RIP - I really liked what he did on those two belated Humble Pie albums - those were of course past their prime, but good stuff nonetheless.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 04:07:01 AM »
R.I.P. Great guitar player AND singer. I wonder why he never got a proper solo deal? I'm not well educated regarding his songwriting contributions though but I have a hunch they were'nt many. Maybe he was that guy who did'nt particularly write songs?

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 08:42:44 AM »
R.I.P.