Author Topic: Carhartt vests  (Read 1445 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Carhartt vests
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2023, 12:24:39 AM »
^
Noel Redding.  He played on a few songs on the Kapt. Kopter and the Fabulous Twirly Birds Randy California album.  The reason he had to use a pseudonym was because of record contract legal matters. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2023, 12:14:26 PM »
Weren't you specializing in exotic fruit and Lebkuchen last I heard?

Indeed I was, but with age comes wisdom, or something like that.
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2023, 07:58:59 AM »
That is a most prevalent misconception.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2023, 10:39:59 AM »
All joking aside, the adage with age comes wisdom is very much a misconception.  I've definitely seen cases where just the opposite occurred.  To me this especially seemed to be the case during the pandemic.  Psychologically, it seems a lot of people didn't deal with the pandemic very well regardless of age.  Not that I'm a shining example.  But at least I didn't go off the deep end like I saw some people do. Families were broken, friendships shattered.  It was all worse than I might have imagined.   Without music, it would have been much harder for me. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2023, 04:54:45 PM »
Pandemic + politics + conspiracy theories + demagogues + millions of gullible people = big problems. Much of it totally unnecessary.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2023, 08:19:58 AM »
Some people get highly unreasonable with age, I saw it with my dad and my elder brother. They began shutting things out that did not fit their world view, no sense of balance in judgement which is generally identified with life experience. My brother went from being a lefty conspiracy theorist to being a righty/populist conspiracy theorist/nihilist. And my dad created his own view of family history irreconcilable with anybody else‘s in the family or reality for that matter.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2023, 12:06:10 PM »
Some people get highly unreasonable with age, I saw it with my dad and my elder brother. They began shutting things out that did not fit their world view, no sense of balance in judgement which is generally identified with life experience. My brother went from being a lefty conspiracy theorist to being a righty/populist conspiracy theorist/nihilist. And my dad created his own view of family history irreconcilable with anybody else‘s in the family or reality for that matter.

I've seen that too, although it certainly varies between people. I wonder if part of it is learning critical thinking earlier in life, and whether a person feels the need to narrow their world view to avoid upsetting their assumptions about society.  The world is changing faster all the time, and today's world and social behaviors don't look like the world I was born into in 1950.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

exiledarchangel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2023, 01:58:03 PM »
My brother went from being a lefty conspiracy theorist to being a righty/populist conspiracy theorist/nihilist.
Same thing really, in Greece we call this "The theory of two extremes", meaning that both extreme leftists and extreme righties have much more in common, than with the rest of the political parties. It sounds weird, but switching between them is very easy.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2023, 02:54:37 PM »
Same thing really, in Greece we call this "The theory of two extremes", meaning that both extreme leftists and extreme righties have much more in common, than with the rest of the political parties. It sounds weird, but switching between them is very easy.

I totally believe that.  It's so weird that the extremists can't see the difference.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2023, 03:07:14 PM »
In real life, most things run in the middle.

exiledarchangel

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2023, 06:32:15 AM »
In real life, most things run in the middle.

You Innuendomeister! :D

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2023, 07:51:16 PM »
In ancient Greece the temple of Apollo at Delphi had the inscription--
"Nothing in excess"

I'm sure there are many examples of the importance of moderation in ancient Greek culture.  But I've forgotten much of what I learned about it now. 

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2023, 08:45:40 AM »
You Innuendomeister! :D

You are apparently always a fertile ground for it!