Author Topic: Epiphone new/vintage knob  (Read 305 times)

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
Epiphone new/vintage knob
« on: October 01, 2023, 05:30:22 AM »
When I bought my first Epiphone Embassy, from the ´60s, it was, in every sence of the word, in excellent condition. But.... one thing was missing. The three original knobs. One for bass/treble, two for the pickup's volume. Well, in those days it was possible to find stuff at the Ebay, at good prices. So one day i found three knobs for the Embassy. Though only one for volume. Instead I got two for bass/treble. I thought it would have to do. Which it did!

But now, a quarter of a life later, I realize the Embassy would look way cooler with two controls for volume. Right? And, as I'm a lucky guy, it turns out that Epiphone's new series of Embassy's got the same knobs as the sixties ones. So a solution seeme, for a while, to be in reach. But they aren't.  Can't find the knobs, as an unhappy guy once said.

Is there anybody out there in bassland who knows where to get the knobs, but at a price level that's not ridiculous? They look exactly like this: https://reverb.com/item/50559214-vintage-reissue-epiphone-knobs-newport-olympic-wilshire-crestwood-coronet-embassy-deluxe

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Epiphone new/vintage knob
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023, 10:55:00 PM »
I  wonder if Scott (godofthunder) could get you some? He works part time at House of Guitars in Rochester, New York. I believe they have a large in-house parts and repair department. You might want to send him a private message  or friend him on Facebook.

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 02:15:21 AM »
Will do. Thanks, Dave!

n!k

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2023, 08:41:20 PM »
If you didn't find any, I'm selling the ones off my Embassy. DM me
Half-speed Hawkwind