Author Topic: Starstream  (Read 673 times)

morrow

• View Profile
Starstream
« on: May 04, 2023, 05:50:50 AM »
A classic textbook case of bad decisions , there’s still some Starstreams for sale for £179 at Guitar Guitar in the UK !
I’ve read reviews that absolutely loved them , but they were a total flop in the market place.

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/230309401639008--vox-starstream-short-scale-bass-guitar-1h-humbucker-black

I doubt they’d ship to NS.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Starstream
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 09:08:49 AM »
A classic textbook case of bad decisions , there’s still some Starstreams for sale for £179 at Guitar Guitar in the UK !
I’ve read reviews that absolutely loved them , but they were a total flop in the market place.

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/230309401639008--vox-starstream-short-scale-bass-guitar-1h-humbucker-black

I doubt they’d ship to NS.

That's an intriguing design!  Has features that remind me of an Ampeg scroll bass and a Longhorn.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 10:28:01 AM »
I’ve read that they are balanced with a strap or on the knee. They’re not heavy. But I guess they were a bit too much in a world of Pbasses.
Vox didn’t waste any time discontinuing them.

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 02:07:26 PM »
They don't really scream 'Vox'. At a time when shortscale basses are popular they could do a full fat Wyman reissue, but instead they do some weird IKEA minimalist stingray bass. I dunno...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2023, 08:47:49 PM »
Just looking at it, I can see why it didn't sell. Bassists may be more open minded than guitarists, but that's way too far out there to be a success.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2023, 12:53:40 AM »
In red or white they remind me of F1 cars. They were available in long and short and cheaper and more expensive. It took me ages (and it's my work) to see what bass had which specs. Good basses.

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2023, 04:23:05 AM »
I managed to hold off yesterday , but was sorely tempted to see if they’d ship one.
This is probably one of the last blowouts , and once they’re gone they just might appreciate.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2023, 09:32:11 PM »
I managed to hold off yesterday , but was sorely tempted to see if they’d ship one.
This is probably one of the last blowouts , and once they’re gone they just might appreciate.

You never know. Those ridiculous Squier Hello Kitty Strats are selling for as much as $1000 now.

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2023, 06:40:06 AM »
Those ridiculous Squier Hello Kitty Strats are selling for as much as $1000 now.

What?!
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2023, 09:59:25 AM »
What?!

According to Reverb's price guide. the average sold price of a pink one in EX condition is currently $760. Lowest price currently listed is $629 for a black one in VG. The mini-Strat version goes for less.

Better get yours now!  ;D

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2023, 11:05:14 AM »
According to Reverb's price guide. the average sold price of a pink one in EX condition is currently $760. Lowest price currently listed is $629 for a black one in VG. The mini-Strat version goes for less.

Better get yours now!  ;D

And Badtz Maru basses are $700 apparently

The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2023, 11:24:21 AM »
Looks like chicken.

Doesn't taste like chicken.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."