My new Sire P7 Gen 2

(1/1)

Bubbalou88:
Had it two weeks and love it! A whole lotta bass for it’s price point

https://imgur.com/gallery/DAyHOX3

https://imgur.com/gallery/o4yqqfM

Dave W:
Nice looker.

My older son recently bought a Sire 5er and really likes it but I don't remember which model, and he's several states away so I haven't seen it yet.

Bubbalou88:
The quality and features on the Sire Bass I bought exceeds the Fender Player P I had which I sold after I bought this bass and had time to play and check it out. It came to me with intonation spot on (using Peterson Strobo Stomp Virtual Strobe tuner) and each not of each string spot on also. Tuners buttery smooth, great sounding and playing with rolled fretboard edges and frets. It has very good sustain. I typically put heavier duty bridges on my Fender Standard basses and didn’t like the L shaped vintage style bridges that came on them but this bridge is made of thicker metal and does quite good. My only  critique of the bridge is it has 4 screws, one on each corner making it not easily replacable without drilling new holes. It has Master Vol, Master Tone, Pickup Blend, Treble cut/boost, Mid Freq/gain, Bass cut/boost, Active Passive Switch which the Blend, Volume and tone work in both active and passive modes. Pickups are very nice sounding. It is the first P/J bass where the J has no noise. Has a bone nut and a 3 string tree encompusing A,D, and G.
It is as good as my Fender American Professional Jazz. The neck on the Fender America Pro neck is just a little thinner front to back as it has a flatter D style. Wiring exceptional. I love playing this bass almost as much as my Fender American Pro. Difference is for now I am keeping the stock D’Addario EXL 170 strings on it and on the Fender I have TI Jazz Flats which for me slightly easier to play but this P7 doesn’t expose the Finger noise like other basses I had them on.

morrow:
I would prefer something that wasn’t so Fender shaped.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version