Gear Discussion Forums > Bass Amps & Effects

Darkglass Exponent 500

(1/1)

morrow:
Kijiji score , new amp day ! The presets on this are mind bogglin , but so far it’s sounding great . Downloaded the Darkglass suite but haven’t been able to connect my tablet to the amp yet. This is going to have a steeper learning curve than what I’m used to , but it’s an enjoyable ride spinning the knobs so far.
This is quite the little rig , I doubt that I’ll gig with it , but it’s a wonderful home diversion.

Edit

Managed to connect the Suite to the amp , it’s wild to select a pedal , adjust settings on an iPad and hear the changes on the amp ! And there’s five preset channels to load up! Amazing tech. This thing sounds great , and is an incredible platform to mod. So far in I’m simply blown away by it. I’ve just used the Jr through it so far.

morrow:
I’ve been putting a lot of time in on this.
The software did take some time , but I managed to get comfy with it surprisingly quickly. The whole point of this is the ability to create custom presets , and store them so you can quickly retrieve them. And I’ve succeeded! There are twenty two available effects and pedals in the software Suite. I wish there was tremolo , but aside from that I’m quite happy with the selection . I’m looking forward to the next software update to see what might be included next. It’s pretty straightforward building a preset , and you can only combine eight. You can store any number , and load five at a time for immediate access. Those are the rules/limitations. They work for me.
I don’t mind using a tablet to program the amp.
It sounds real good , but it’s up to you to program the presets. It does come preloaded with a selection that showcases much of what’s available. It’s simple to return any effect to the “factory” setting. I enjoy spinning the knobs and seeing exactly what everything does. You can turn every effect you’ve loaded off to dial something in and then individually check how everything works together. You can re-assign the functions of five knobs on the front of the amp to suit your preset. You can easily edit and save any changes at a future point.
I do wish there was a forum for Exponent users to exchange tips and tricks , I haven’t found anything specific yet. 
I’m using this with a Phil Jones C2 cabinet at a reasonably low volume , although last week did have it plugged into an Ampeg 210AV. I’m getting nice tone.
I like this amp.
You are given incredible control to craft and shape whatever tone you’re looking for.
It’s a complete chameleon.

morrow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W0O81U-3co&feature=youtu.be

Yesterday I loaded up a range of presets and did a quick video at the in-laws where I have a little practice nook. Just the melody of a trashy old song We Got a Groovy Kind of Love. (I should probably have listened to it first.) Now most of the time I fill the space for the five presets you can store with slight variations of a fairly clean sound … but here there’s one with some phase and chorus , one fairly clean , one with some added gain , one with an octave effect and one with some delay and reverb. First the simple melody and then some quick power chords.

This little amp is a hoot to goof around with …

Ken:
That's cool!  I've had a couple of Darkglass pedals, but the Damnation Audio MBD ended up being much more my speed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version